Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
What amount of travel is that totem lowered down to?

What do you think of it lowered like that? Is it still plush on small bumps or do you lose some of that?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
154ish i love it i ride my forks stiff but i think it rides the same just less travel. with them down like that i put 97psi with 15w oil

·
Registered
434 Posts
dumb question....

what headset is that? or the thing you have your front brake line running through...

thats a pretty good idea....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a cheap fsa. i couldnt find a 1.5 starnut with the hole for a cable so i drilled a hole in it and ran the line through it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Not to be a policing foo... but you really shouldn't run 15wt in your totem. Been there and tried that. RS recommends no higher than 5wt. It will blow your shims or seals over time. My seals wore out first. My bro's compression damper broke. When I talked to RS at I-bike they said that most of the probs came from too heavy an oil weight. They said that with the Mission Control there was plenty of adjustability to achieve proper dampening characteristics. And the fork runs very plush from what I have seen.

Last How did you get the fork to 154mm? Spacer?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i know about the oil deal. i have the seals and a new damper ready for failure. with 5w it just wasnt enough i would bottom it out all the time. now to the 154mm it was a spacer the biggest i had that would fit in. it was 2 skateboard bushings for the kingpin on the trucks. they worked perfect.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
JC bs said:
ya i know about the oil deal. i have the seals and a new damper ready for failure. with 5w it just wasnt enough i would bottom it out all the time. now to the 154mm it was a spacer the biggest i had that would fit in. it was 2 skateboard bushings for the kingpin on the trucks. they worked perfect.

Do you have any pics of the process. Where do you place the bushings??? I am very curious and would love to get into a shorter fork for my future Blindside. So what I'm looking for is either a trade from my Totems to a 36 or Lyric. But I love my Totems and don't want to give them up.

Wyrm

·
Registered
963 Posts
wyrm said:
Do you have any pics of the process. Where do you place the bushings??? I am very curious and would love to get into a shorter fork for my future Blindside. So what I'm looking for is either a trade from my Totems to a 36 or Lyric. But I love my Totems and don't want to give them up.

Wyrm
A Shorter Fork for your B/S? WHY?

You going to run a shorter stroke shock too?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts