Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A little of everything
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just above the BB in the weld on the gusset. So I'm going to get a new frame. Which one?

A Heckler in Trans Red with a 5th element air :eek:)

Just ordered a Maverick fork and some Hope Mono M4 brakes too.

With fat tires we are looking at about 11kg with 150mm front travel and 130mm travel in the rear.

I'm getting the frame tommorow and the other parts a bit later.

I'll post pics when it's finished.

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
what did Santa Cruz do for you?

Are they sending you the Heckler as a warranty replacement?? I think the Heckler is a great choice for harder riders. It does weigh a little more, but is just so nice and stout. If I break my Blur I'd consider a Heckler for sure. With the Maverick, you've got a frame and fork that weighs within 1/2 pound of a Superlight with Fox F100X, from there it's just a matter of components.

Anders said:
Just above the BB in the weld on the gusset. So I'm going to get a new frame. Which one?

With fat tires we are looking at about 11kg with 150mm front travel and 130mm travel in the rear.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
what year is/was your blur...

just curious. i think the '02 blur frames had some type of design or manufacturering flaw (something about a butted portion of the frame tubing being to thin)??? i think this was very prevalent with the 02 large blur framesets.

cheers!

the heckler.maverick/mono m4 set up already sounds killer.

Anders said:

·
A little of everything
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The distributor in Denmark had both a Blur and a Heckler in stock, so I choose the Heckler. This frame will also fit the Maverick fork perfectly I'm 88kg and ride heavy gears, that might also have something to do with it cracking. Or maby just a bad weld?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.