Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make my bike a little more trail friendly. Some new parts, etc. and I sent it off to Andy at Absolute Finish to get it hard anodized. Really like the job he did. Absolutely rips too. I am making some vinyl graphics, but for the time being it is naked.

The best part: 34.75 lbs on the shop scale.

Attachments

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Definitely looks like it still retains all the burliness and the ability to handle the rough stuff. You can still lose some weight with the rear shock (Ti spring or air shock) and new wheels and such though. But really, it looks great.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Definitely looks like it still retains all the burliness and the ability to handle the rough stuff. You can still lose some weight with the rear shock (Ti spring or air shock) and new wheels and such though. But really, it looks great.
really..................................

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
Yup...Answer ProTaper. Got it off QBP from work, but it should be pretty easy to find elsewhere. That is obviously the gold color.
35 seems really lite.........man that is awesome if you did it w/out a ti spring

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
35 seems really lite.........man that is awesome if you did it w/out a ti spring
The rear shock is proprietary to the frame. From what I understand, Fox made that specifically for the frame, the stroke is longer than most shocks of that i2i length (7.5 I think). I'm sure I could find a Ti spring that would fit, but I'd rather just send it in to PUSH eventually for their race tune and forget about it. I'm really stoked on the weight. The frame itself is really light, and I just tried to keep everything else low, but I cut some corners in obvious places...fork, shock, wheelset possibly...I'm not feeling the urge to go on I diet anytime soon at least, it's lighter than most of my friend's 4-5 inch trailbikes. Turned out much better than I expected.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That looks sweet, love the naked black ano. Drop me an email, I've got a middle-ring specific roller that will tuck in behind the bashguard and up close to the middle ring. You're right about the shock, it's 2.25" stroke at 7.5" i2i, kinda hard to find. I've got one I run on my Joker sometimes.

Jon Heim
[email protected]

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.