Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ev'nin all. I love my bike. It goes like the privy door when the plague is in town and is pretty pimped up for these parts.
I want to make it even quicker for tarmac. Does anyone know of a wheelset and a set of thin road tyres i could swap in to do my commuting which can be up to 23 miles a day. At present im extremely happy with ztr 355 I9 wheels with Kenda Karma 1.9 tubeless for offroad use and pumped to 40 psi they are quick on tarmac. I just know im wearing them out with the wrong use and when im on my Marin road bike miss my Niner too much!
Any ideas would be much appreciated.:)
Bike is xl Air 9,
Juciy Ultimates
Easton EC90 Bar
FSA XC115 Stem
X-O Twisties
CK Head
Thompson Elite
Gobi
FSA carbon pro team issue 22/32/44
Hollowpin chain
Bontrager carbon Switchblade
I9 Wheelset
NoTubes Kenda Karma tyres
XL Air9 Frame
hubba hubba hubba its been a gr8 january!
A very big acknowledgement to George at BIKE29 for building me the best thing i have ever owned and peace of mind throughout the build.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quite the build up you have there, but I need pics, please post pics.:thumbsup:

As for a wheelset, I use the Bonty Superstock wheel set that came stock on my X-Caliber fitted with 32mm tires, 21 miles to work every day and no problems yet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
your bike is quick...

mine is broken... I caught the GF paragon curse and the seat tube snapped where everyone else has... I'm looking to get an XL Air 9 - tired of GF warranty issues (this is my 3rd GF problem). I like your build, I think I may copy some of it...

·
Purveyor of Fine 29erness
626 Posts
Here are some pics.
Sorry, they aren't very good, but it's all that I have.That was one sweet bike to have in the store, a lot of people stopped and took notice as it was being built.

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Product Yellow Orange Photograph Amber

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory Bicycle

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Spoke Bicycle drivetrain part

It ended up being 22lbs on the nose with pedals. Not bad for an XL. We had to make some spec changes to get it delivered within a reasonable amount of time. We originally were going to put Magura Martas on there, but the rear brakes were not to be found until last week.

Cheers Patrick! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.