Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now that I got your attention, I want to know what brand/model of bike YOU chose to own and ride and why. Is it the components, brand loyalty, did you build your own bike, 'cause your buddy rides one, 'cause it was free, whatever. Why do you have the bike(s) you have. I'm not trying to get everyone to flame brands either. Why do you like your new Canfield over your old IronHorse, etc. Pictures are fine as well, always love the pictures.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Whatever.........my milkshake brings ALLLL the boyz to the yard.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
I'm a big Santa Cruz fan after my 2003 Bullit, so I went with the VP Free and now a V10. Love that VPP.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
riding an Ibex right now and they've taken very good care of me... even answering some shock setting suggestions based on the description of the kind of ride i want... Now my Zone is Dh friendly even with the entry level suspension which came with it... as some of you have seen in my video, my drop off triple is doing very well without modifications or even an oil change... and the rear floats good and pedals well too...

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Riding a nicolai ufo st.
Warranty and assistance getting the bike to the US and having support for the life of the bike in the US were my primary concerns.
Geo came second along with adjustability of geo and travel.

Beautiful welds and super craftsmanship helped out quite a bit as well.

Basically it came down to the fact that I was on a Nicolai before, the US rep took good care of me and the bike road great. I wanted something with slightly different geo and a little more travel and DH ability. A great opportunity came my way to ride another nicolai
with exactly the geo I wanted and I took it!

Booner

ps: Woo...."and their like...damn right!"

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
bought my ibex because
1. it looked cool, aesthetically pleasing
2. Heard of GREAT customer service, true
3. Had the same components or better for bikes costing 8-10 thou more.
4. Also I wanted to try one out.
5. now if I were to buy another (I will) brand loyalty.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
ColoradoDoug said:
Okay, now that I got your attention, I want to know what brand/model of bike YOU chose to own and ride and why. Is it the components, brand loyalty, did you build your own bike, 'cause your buddy rides one, 'cause it was free, whatever. Why do you have the bike(s) you have. I'm not trying to get everyone to flame brands either. Why do you like your new Canfield over your old IronHorse, etc. Pictures are fine as well, always love the pictures.
i like norco......cause a norco was the first real bike i ever had and i have owned norco's ever sence and will probabley own nothing but norco's for the rest of my life:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Im a huge Specialized fan, i recently got an big hit fsr 3 for these reasons.

Components
easier to pedal than the demo
FSR linkage is awesome.
Strong Frame
Specialized has treated me well in the past.

·
Cannondale17
220 Posts
Cannondale Judge.... know there is a ton of haters for cannondale but i love mine to death smooth as heck great control, and feels like landing on a cloud off drops to me, and its super stable at speed:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll ride a 2007 Intense M3 for the upcomming race season....Why?
- Easton taperwall tubing,
- Hand made in Temecula CA (I'm living in Canada but I prefer to pay for a great North American frame than an other made oversea)
- Color choice,
- 100% proven race rig
- Greats kits availables at a fair price

Before, I had a Specialized Enduro (Converted in FR with a 170mm Zocchi 66, Mavic 729 rims, Avid J7 brakes, Holzfeller parts. Good customer service but it is made oversea and the line up do not include real DH geometry oriented bikes.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Been riding FSR 4 bar bikes for 6 going on 7 years now. I've been pretty loyal to Specialized because I believe in the performance of the 4 bar system. The bikes flat out pedal, and the lifetime warranty is icing on the cake.

Started out with
-00 Enduro
-01 Uzzi SLX (yeah not Spesh, but 4 bar still)
-02 Foes Fly (only non 4 bar, awesome bike too)
-03 Enduro
-04 Demo 9
-06 Enduro

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
i have a foes fly because:
1. the small group of guys at foes are tottaly awsomeand the nicest guys and when my old haro had a problem at a race a long time ago they wer the only people who offered to help me out, and then when they could fix it, they lent me a fly to race for the weekend, then sold me that fly with the full build for 2200 which is less than the frame new with the ti spring and floater, 66rc, hayes mags, xtr, fsa cranks and BB, hadley hubs and so on
2. its hand made in the usa, which dosent mean its better, i jsut like to be patriotic
3. all parts are made in pasadena which is jsut a couple hours from me, so no big getting work done on it or parts shipped
4. and the currnut shock that only fits on the foes frames, i love it, others dont
5. its perfect for what i want to do and for my size and i think its pretty

the build on it is factory for the most part becasue i dont have a ton of cash so i ride with what i got, but it came with an awsome build so im not complaining.
the only things i changed were things like smaller tires, came with highroller2.7, i put highroller2.5, chainguide becasue i dont need the extra gears and i like chain guides. and i switched the handle bars to truvativ hozfellor oversized bars because i like the extra beef and prefer truvativ over the fsa stem and funn bars they had on there

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Uzzi Vpx.
1) Geo, that is the most important to me
2) Ability to use a Front Der. since my shuttle service is my legs
3)Very diverse. Can be set up as a heavy trail bike all the way to a DH race bike
4) Just a flat out cool company. Also made in the USA

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nicolai.

It's a Nicolai - thats all that needs to be said really :)

My girlfriend rides an Uzzi, which is more FR/DH orientated & nice to ride (different linkages takes a bit of getting used to but after a few runs I get a feel for it).

The thing that p*sses me off about the Intense is, it's not a cheap frame, yet the build quality & finish is RUBBISH compared to my Nicolai.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.