Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
percocet pioneer.
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I leaned back too far off a roller at white ranch the other day and I went straight backwards landing on my back. Anyways, my bike did the same and somehow my seatpost ('07 Race Face Revolution) got a little bit tweaked and is now a little bit bent. It doesn't allow me to lower it very far because of the kink in the tube.

Is there an easy way to fix my seatpost?

thanks
andy

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like a really weird crash.

Like the time I went OTB climbing an UPHILL rock garden. :madman: :madman:

Get a new seat post.
I had a (similar) recent climbing crash on the SS - I was riding up Indian Creek, went to really stand on it for a steep section, accidentally unclipped while doing so, and promptly lunged forward over the bars and onto the ground in front of my bike - all without breaking 5mph.

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Get a new seat post for sure. If you can, get a Thomson, those sh!ts rule. Oh, and I know a gal that won a certificate good for a Thomson seatpost at the last MSC race, and she doesn't need it. I'll bet she'd sell it...

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,454 Posts
Godzilla said:
I had a (similar) recent climbing crash on the SS - I was riding up Indian Creek, went to really stand on it for a steep section, accidentally unclipped while doing so, and promptly lunged forward over the bars and onto the ground in front of my bike - all without breaking 5mph.
:lol: :lol:

Mine was unweighting the rear to try to get over a large-ish rock in the garden whilst simultaneously packing the front tire into another large-ish rock. :nono:

Face to rock garden. Luckily the damage was minimal.

·
percocet pioneer.
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
liqwid said:
Geez man seatpost aside how's the back? Some of those rollers are around some small but pointy rock sections.
thanks for the concern but everythings fine. I have a pretty gnarly raspberry on my elbow but the only thing from keepin me from ridin is my damn seatpost! :thumbsup:

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
While we're on the subject - any recommendations for good strong seatposts (and I don't like spending crazy $ on bike parts)?
I just got a new one and it's already bent.
Maybe I need to change my riding style! and/or lose a few ell-bees?
Sounds like June is the month for Andy's needing new seatposts - maybe we can get a bulk discount.
Glad you're OK!

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
Godzilla said:
Almost did the same thing climbing Tramway a couple weeks ago on the SS. Was going slowly through the rock garden up top and somehow the rear caught a rock and stopped me immediately. I ended up folding my stomach over the handlebars doing a track stand until I pushed off the ground to come back up to my saddle - all while clipped in... lucky... just barely missed the stem with the family jewels. I did have to dab though, so that sucked.

Glad to hear that andy is okay. I had a race-face deus ex seatpost that was pretty strong on my Yeti - I replaced it with a Gravity Dropper eventually, but never had a problem with that post.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
$ally Hu$tle said:
thanks for the concern but everythings fine. I have a pretty gnarly raspberry on my elbow but the only thing from keepin me from ridin is my damn seatpost! :thumbsup:
I won a free seat post from the MSC race (fill out a form and send it in). Have anything to trade?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.