Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fortunate to ride in Europe (Wales, England, Scotland, France)
Being my favorite Wales, then ridden in USA, Connecticut, California, Ohio, and Florida. Costa Rica where I live, Lima Peru, where Im from.
But my favorite trip ever has been to Cuzco in Peru, which I finished last week.

We started the ride at 6,000 in a van that took us above 12,000 ft, then we start the ride, lots of single track perfect smooth, some technical some slow, some fats, spectacular scenery, Inca ruins, Lamas,post Inca reservations or communities,, some grass trails like golf courses, and this lasted for hours and hours, most of this trails were made by the Incas more than 1,000 years ago, to walk between communities and cities, they are still in use by some locals, but they are made like if you wanted them for Mt bike riding, just perfect!!!

The food people hotels and atmosphere was great the whole trip.
Friendly people and safe place.
We are going next year, so if anyone wants to go contact me.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds like a great trip. I was in Cuzco in April visiting the ruins but I didnt bring my bike. My wife is from Lima so next time we go I will definitely bring my bike. Tell me...will a 4" XC full suspension bike be ok on those trails?
Im also thinking of riding in Juaraz (my friend has a hotel there). I also heard there are some great places to ride closer to Lima.
Thanks for sharing your pics.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4" full suspension will be fine, I would not do it on a hardtail though or less than 4 inches of travel.

Definitely do it.
Huaraz is very pretty too, but Im not sure there will be as many trails as in Cuzco , because most trails were made by the Incas, and Cuzco was the capital of the Inca empire, thats why so many trails.

Near Lima is good too but only one place Lucumo area.

·
Registered
181 Posts
awesome thread, looks like a fantastic trip full of great rides...what amazing scenery!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
WOW! looks great.

How do you find navigation out there, are there good maps available, what kind of mileage do you guys do in a day out there ?

Thanks for sharing.

Oh and Wales is great, if you're ever in the UK again check out the Lake district and the Peak District ;)

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
beautiful pictures.

and let me the first to ask....did you go to lake titikaka?

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,120 Posts
There is lots of good riding around Lima...Pachacamac, (closed right now), Totoritas, Tauripampa, Santo Domingo de los Olleros, Huamantanga, Barranca, just have to explore.
Did you hook up with Mateo and the Cuzco crew?

There is LOTS of great riding in Huaraz, in both the Cordillera Negra and Cordillera blanca...if you go, hook up with Julio Olaza, he is the most senior Mt. Bike guide in the area, hands down.

Buenasa Viaje!

I ride there a few times a year, I have a bunch of good pics on this forum.
Glad you had fun!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys,
jgsatl I didnt go to Titicaca this trip, I have been there before.

Ridieit I hooked up with Dulio in Cuzco, Is Huaraz as good as Cuzco?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great pics, that's still probably my number one mountain biking destination (Peru). If you have more pics, please post.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Sweeeet! Looks like you guys had a blast, man I need to win the lottery so I can afford to go do that stuff!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts