Registered
5,885 Posts
Hey, that looks like Henry Coe

It's either steep up, or steep down.

Nice ride.

·
Slowest Rider
5,225 Posts
That's an epic ride for sure. It would be at the top of most anyone's list. Love the scenery too. I downloaded the track, as I do for many of your rides, for my dream ride list.

But even recently, didn't I see one of your rides at Tahoe or Auburn exceeding 7000' of climb at altitude? And the mileage was close. Seems to me you've got a lot of other great rides like this, or better. You just keep 'em coming.:thumbsup:

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't use that track

...I downloaded the track, as I do for many of your rides, for my dream ride list....
But even recently, didn't I see one of your rides at Tahoe or Auburn exceeding 7000' of climb at altitude? And the mileage was close.
Don't use that track. Look closely and you'll see I was all over the place because I often lost the trail coming off fire roads. I've done 100's of rides with much more climbing and greater mileages. But that doesn't automatically make them greater accomplishments. 60+ miles at Auburn is a lot easier than 50 solo miles on rugged desert trails in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Nice work man!

Beautiful country and pics of your adventure! Looks like those Cactus trees don't give much shade! :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine was 8th grade a bunch of us did a ride with our sleeping bags and food from down town Phoenix to the Salt river 24 miles. A few turned back what a weekend.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Hey Wherewolf

Now that tomfs threw his out ... just add a question mark to your thread and it can become a sticky in no time. OK ... I'll go next ... In Sierra Azul I did an 8hr ride... nevermind! :skep:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Now that tomfs threw his out ... just add a question mark to your thread and it can become a sticky in no time. OK ... I'll go next ... In Sierra Azul I did an 8hr ride... nevermind! :skep:
Sorry I guess I did something wrong? Wow 8 hours would like to hear about your ride.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts