Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. Boulder is officially brown until next spring. The green hills and wildflowers were nice while they lasted! As much as I love this place, I have come to relish my annual fix of New England greenness and water. Last summer when I bought a new mountain bike, I sent my old bike home for Mom to ride. Luckily, she kept her old bike, so when I go home, we can play!

Even on her ancient Stumpjumper, Mom cruises.
Clothing Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel

It's not raining, and it's not hot! Yesssssss.
Clothing Eyewear Glasses Vision care Bicycle helmet

Steeped in Revolutionary War history.
Brown Leaf Headstone Groundcover Stele

In avoiding an annoying mud hole, we came out here.
Leaf Headstone Memorial Purple Stele

Just a little bit of literary history, too.
Text Font Rectangle Commemorative plaque History

That evening, friends came over for a New England feast. I requested "loabstah", since it had been years. It is still strawberry season, and that means homemade pie. All that in conjunction with a screened in back porch=heaven on a summer evening.

We then loaded up and headed to Vermont.

This was my steed for the week. We brought "my" bike, but after 3 sessions a day on the water, it was all I could do to crawl back to the room for a nap.
Recreation Water Boating Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Outdoor recreation

When the water is this nice...........
Nature Sky Natural environment Reflection Natural landscape

How could I post without an interesting flower for scorpionwoman?
Flower Organism Insect Flowering plant Terrestrial plant

After a week of vacation bliss (aka 3-a-days), it was time to make the trek back to Massachusetts. Luckily, I had time for one more fun mt bike ride. We headed over to a local state park, which has the dual bonus of fun trails and an ice cream stand. Even when the kid is 41 going on 42, it's still a sweet reward at the end of a great parent-kid bonding ride. This was also really fun because some of the trails have slightly techy sections that we were able to work on. I thought that they were pretty easy, but my mom was psyched out. So we practiced. She definitely responds to "Ma, you gotta be able to ride this stuff." We are planning a White Rim trip for the fall and she definitely has the fitness--just needs to work on confidence when riding over rocks. I think we got off to a good start.

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Wow, you guys saw some incredible stuff on that ride!

Looks like a lovely area, in addition to all the history. And be sure to tell your mom that she looks *fantastic*!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scorpionwoman said:
Wow, you guys saw some incredible stuff on that ride!

Looks like a lovely area, in addition to all the history. And be sure to tell your mom that she looks *fantastic*!
The New England woods are full of interesting artifacts. It was very illuminating to take a history of New England class in college to learn about the past of these places that I took completely for granted.

My mom rocks, for certain. That's not a very flattering photo, actually. I was working to keep up on the straight, flat sections. I can't believe how lucky I am!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.