Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted here a few times. Finally got some pics resized to post. Diggin this bike. Mountain Cycle Fury built up with a mix of robust and light parts. weighs about 32 pounds sittin on the trail

Climbs well, descends even better and is built like a brick s*** house. No links to induce flex or maintenance woes. Just lube the chain and ride, and ride, and ride.

I know, the "single pivot design" is so old tech. Cant be any good. Needs some links and stuff.

I have ridden the new DW and VPP designs and they are very good no doubt. But so is this and I gots lots less to worry about.

Plus I dont see my self on the trail. Ever.

Any particular pics?

Attachments

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
nice bike. all the sp downers are just haters. but i never really like any mountain cycles from and athestetics point but you built a pretty nice one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The K2

is surprisingly similar.

I might go to a coil at some point in the future on my MC. I think the CC double barrel would make a great shock on this bike.

On the front of my MC is a pushed Van 36. Butta.

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
I was going to buy one of these frames... but it was way to small when I actually rode it. And the seller had no idea what he was talking about.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Short top tube

Yeah took me a while to get the ergos dialed. Now its totally comfy and easy to ride. I ride a medium I could have gone for a large. The large was more stable and didnt lift the front as much on climbs. The medium is more fun and agile. easier to manual and move around. But then I slacked the front out with the fox 36 and got what I was looking for. wanders a bit on climbs due to the fork, but I love the rigidity and steering feel of the fox 36 van. You could fix that with a Fox Talas, but I like the van.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts