Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scored her off Craigslist a couple weeks ago. Had to strip the fork and dropped in some Kronos springs from ebay. Just recently took her out with a couple friends in Patapsco park, cleaned her up and snapped some pics. Figured I'd share, saw some other pre 95 bikes in vintage, hopefully this is the right spot.

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
Fix the saddle angle, ditch the reflectors, otherwise good on you for rockin' it out.

Love the original 'chicken hawk' True Temper decal on the TT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank man. How should I fix the saddle angle? Sorry, I'm a complete noob to MTB and haven't ridden bikes in about 15 years before picking this one up...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thank man. How should I fix the saddle angle? Sorry, I'm a complete noob to MTB and haven't ridden bikes in about 15 years before picking this one up...
The nose (front) of the saddle is pointed way down. Try it with the nose and tail of the saddle level, or parallel to the ground.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice !!!!! Almost all XT, too !

Brakes should be VC3s. KHS loved 'em for some reason. Probably $$$. I;ve seen anodized ones on a descent.

Grip shift are cool, heck I'm runiing them on my Comp. What be really sweet would be if you could score some rapidfire shifter/brake lever combo.

Have you thrown it on a scale ? I'll bet it's under 25 lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts