Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to post this for a while but have now finally gotten around to it. I love this bike, it rides and handles better than I could have imagned for a $250 frame (that's right I was one of the suckers that bought it before it went on sale)

Parts -
Thomson Stem and Seatpost (of course)
Cheap Titec flat bar
Old FSA carbon octalink cranks w/RaceFace 32tooth ring
Shimano XT ocatlink bottom bracket
XT/Mavic Wheels
18tooth rear cog (got my surly 16tooth sitting in the wait)
SLR saddle
BB5 brakes and levers
Eggbeaters
Exiwolf 2.3
King headset

- The parts I have laying around the house that I have yet to put on -
On One superlight steel rigid fork (in black)
Carver EBB
I'll post up another pic with the changes later
I built it up first as a cheap let me thry this thing out bike, now I want to deck it out so it will be so going slow if I ever finish;)

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle fork

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't weighed it yet but it is definitely not too light. I am thinking that this is my cheap wheelset, so that will be something that I will be looking into changing. Even with me running tubeless it is pretty heavy.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All right I have changed her up a bit now she has a new On-One fork, Carver Bottom Bracket and running 32x16 (which maybe a little more than I really want to push around). Also decided to give it a little more color by wraping the ODI grips in white tennis grip (as you can see the color dosen't last long) and I fliped the stem which feels much better to me. :thumbsup: Actually had a buddy of mine chop off the brake studs on the fork aad then we repainted it, you can see the finished product below

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory Floor

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Bicycle accessory Floor Bicycle part Bicycle frame Flooring

Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory Bicycle tire White

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually they feel great, before it felt like I was always riding too upright. This way it feels more like my 26er xc bike, position wise, I feel like I have more control (though I may be wrong about this) I would suggest this if anyone else building one of these bikes feels the same way. My back is fine, I have found the only thing that really hurts my back is if I put too much pressaure in the rear tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.