Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes...I ride with a teddy bear.

These are pix taken with my camera phone so obviously the quality ain't the best.

Earlier today I went riding out at Wilson Creek in the Owyhee Desert. I only rode for about two hours. I've been sick the past couple of weeks so I just haven't been able to do much outside (I did get in a short ride Friday night though).

My fitness is sucking ass right now, but it's all good.

I decided to do some exploring up in Reynolds Canyon. I have been riding out there for the past couple of years, but have never ridden in Reynolds Canyon. A number of guys over in the Idaho forum have ridden there and the pix look cool so I decided to go for it.

Oy.

Let's just say it was a bit intimidating for me. The pix really don't convey how bad a fall could be. The trail itself is pretty wide. But the consequences if you somehow ride off the trail or tip over could suck really bad. And I mean REALLY BAD. Just a steep, rocky drop into the frigid and frozen creek below. I ended up having to walk a bit of it. My whole balance was thrown off. Vertigo.

Reynolds Canyon:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

The trail looks cool! Over here with the winds and rain there has been no chance for biking lately... they are predicting some snow in the next days (finally), so it might be funn for SSing soon... :D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
BelaySlave said:
Thanks for sharing. Cool photos.
The trail is realy scarry. I had similar but much more frighting experiece on the Inca trail in Peru even just hiking but I guess some people may be crazy enough to ride it and even better after some beers.

BTW never mind the teddy bear but do you ride your Yeti with a sus seat post?.
Cheers
GB

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Thanks

crisillo said:
GB, that's a Gravity Dropper seatpost.... it lowers automatically... the rubber boot just protects the system from dirt...
Wow I am an ignorant.
Well I am a set and forget guy. Never touch my seat post QR nor the TA on my Talas for climbing. I keep it at 130mm and never feel that my nose is too light (use my body to offset). Do you really like to fiddle with those during the ride?.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
GreenBonty said:
Wow I am an ignorant.
Well I am a set and forget guy. Never touch my seat post QR nor the TA on my Talas for climbing. I keep it at 130mm and never feel that my nose is too light (use my body to offset). Do you really like to fiddle with those during the ride?.
No, you are not an ignorant... you are just NOT such a bike geek (as me) ;)

I rarely fiddle with the U-turn on my Pike, but I am starting to enjoy lowering my seatpost more often than I used to....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.