Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the email that my 575 is in, built up and ready to ride. One big problem though, I'm stuck working til 9 tonight and the store closes at 9 :( The overnight wait is going to drive me insane! They have had me playing the waiting game for about a week as Yeti was short on the componets but apparently that was resolved quickly. I'm really anxious to see what it's going to be built up with, it's the base disc version but not sure what to expect as it's coming so late in the year, I'm guessing the RP3 rear but not sure if anything else will be different from the early 2004 models. I'll do my best to get an update in when I pick it up.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Impressed with components

catch22 said:
Just got the email that my 575 is in, built up and ready to ride. One big problem though, I'm stuck working til 9 tonight and the store closes at 9 :( The overnight wait is going to drive me insane! They have had me playing the waiting game for about a week as Yeti was short on the componets but apparently that was resolved quickly. I'm really anxious to see what it's going to be built up with, it's the base disc version but not sure what to expect as it's coming so late in the year, I'm guessing the RP3 rear but not sure if anything else will be different from the early 2004 models. I'll do my best to get an update in when I pick it up.
We just got a BLING 575 in the other day, disc kit, and here's what she had:

05 Fox Vanilla
RP3 rear with lockout
Maxxis Larsen 2.35" tires
SRAM 970 cassette
Hayes Nine hydros
Lx shifters
xt rear d
lx front d
Arc bar and stem
Yeti saddle of course
Mavic 223 wheels
New 05 truvativ post
NEW, 3 piece, integrated, Truvativ Stylo cranks (didn't even know that Truvativ jumped on this bandwagon, but they look great)

Biggest surprise was the new Stylos, but the Maxxis Larsens were a surprise as well, as this kit usually came with some smallish looking Maxxis high rollers that "say" they are 2.1, but look smaller.

Yeti kits have impressed us all year, they don't short change you if they are missing something, they upgrade you. And if they have the 05 available, apparently they let you have it.

For the price, and design of the 575 frame itself, this bike and kit is just about the best value out there, IMHO. No shock pump though... :(

Oh, and, CONGRATS MAN! I hope you love the bike as much as the ones we've sent out of here. Can't wait to see what Yeti has in store for us in 05. Keep us posted with a ride report.

·
Ride on
639 Posts
mine built like this

I just got a 575 with an almost identical build - my front derailleur is an XT. I couldn't find any info on the Stylo Giga X Pipe crankset or the Maxxis Larsen TT 2.35" tires with 2 ply casing. The Vanilla fork and the RP3 are both brand new 2005 models as well, but Fox is on the ball with on-line documentation.

On the plus side I cleaned a downhill section I walked through on my old Rockhopper :)

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its exactly the same with an XT front D...

esquire said:
We just got a BLING 575 in the other day, disc kit, and here's what she had:

05 Fox Vanilla
RP3 rear with lockout
Maxxis Larsen 2.35" tires
SRAM 970 cassette
Hayes Nine hydros
Lx shifters
xt rear d
lx front d
Arc bar and stem
Yeti saddle of course
Mavic 223 wheels
New 05 truvativ post
NEW, 3 piece, integrated, Truvativ Stylo cranks (didn't even know that Truvativ jumped on this bandwagon, but they look great)

Biggest surprise was the new Stylos, but the Maxxis Larsens were a surprise as well, as this kit usually came with some smallish looking Maxxis high rollers that "say" they are 2.1, but look smaller.

Yeti kits have impressed us all year, they don't short change you if they are missing something, they upgrade you. And if they have the 05 available, apparently they let you have it.

For the price, and design of the 575 frame itself, this bike and kit is just about the best value out there, IMHO. No shock pump though... :(

Oh, and, CONGRATS MAN! I hope you love the bike as much as the ones we've sent out of here. Can't wait to see what Yeti has in store for us in 05. Keep us posted with a ride report.
Finally got to pick mine up and I'm really excited about the 05 upgrades, mine has the exact build as described above with a xt front d. Only had it on a few short rides so far but the thing handles like a dream, night and day difference from the Fuel I've been on for 2 years. Will post some ride reviews and hopefully some picks of the new componets asap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
575 disc kit weights?

Any weights on the 05 Disc kits? I'm hoping REI does their 20% off sale this fall and 575s are available. How do the 575s climb with a fixed travel (vanilla) fork? I was looking for a Race Disc kit but a new house sucked up the extra bike bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.