Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding on being my ranch :) I couldn't believe it when I heard the N3 ranch was going up for sale I've spent some time on this ranch hunting its truly an unbelievable place to be so close to urban sprawl, and feel so remote I have a feeling some foreign buyer will purchase it, and close it down . Maybe one of you rich dudes here can purchase it or EBRPD and build some assume world class MTB trails well I can dream anyway can't I?

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Just kidding on being my ranch :) I couldn't believe it when I heard the N3 ranch was going up for sale I've spent some time on this ranch hunting its truly an unbelievable place to be so close to urban sprawl, and feel so remote I have a feeling some foreign buyer will purchase it, and close it down . Maybe one of you rich dudes here can purchase it or EBRPD and build some assume world class MTB trails well I can dream anyway can't I?
You're correct - it will probably end up in the hands of foreign kleptocrats.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're correct - it will probably end up in the Kleptocracy.
Yep more then likely at least the Williamson act I believe will keep developers from building on the ranch, and turning it into urban cluster "F".
Rumor has it the ranch can no longer operate financially due to the sandinista California government not sure how true that is though. Just the taxes alone must be crazy expensive even tough the land is AG.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
We got to get on this, not joking. 72 Million seems like a lot but with the potential preservation and public access, seems like there would be interest from MANY 501Cs and the state to band together and grab this.

·
default title
541 Posts
I hope the land trusts (spans 4 counties!) get together and at least get a conservation easement. Williamson Act is only a "*ten-year* agreement that the land will not be developed or otherwise converted to another use". Amazing. Just think what the water is worth.

·
More Torque
2,037 Posts
Spared no expense on that video. Immediately recognized the voice of Sam Elliot.
He actually does voice overs for a lot of CA outdoor properties. Perhaps he negotiates himself a small % of each sale.

Been eyeing this property for a while; beautiful country back there, though I wonder how you keep illegal pot grows off a property that size.

-D

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
It's already IN the Kleptocracy. At least I THINK such things are........it's amazing just how few such parcels and things are not yet "in".
I was thinking more along the lines of ownership by a shell company 'XYZ Ranch' owned by a shell company 'Western Holdings' owned by a (..and so forth and so on) by a criminal foreign oligarch. Many little countries sell passports and citizenship to the ultrawealthy. Real property is the favored 'bank' for ill-gotten gains amassed by corrupt plundering 'leaders' worldwide. The USA is one of the most popular countries for this currently ( SF, Silicon Valley, L.A. NYC especially). The lights never come on in vast swaths of fancy neighborhoods in South London due to this phenomenon - nobody is home - and any cornerstore or pub has been long-shuttered - no customers live nearby! A dead zone owned by residents of Moneyland. It's unbelievably easy to set up a shell company in Nevada and obscure true ownership. That 'company' can then do all sorts of nefarious things and there is no one to be easily held accountable....

I think I need to ride my bike and have a beer now...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
This is true: Larry Ellison could buy that ranch with less than half of what he gets from one quarterly dividend on his stock. Since Ellison is essentially a real estate collector, I'd say the realtor should give him a call. Seems like a slam dunk for Larry.

Considering the size and the proximity to the Bay Area,that seems like a bargain compared to some ranches in Colorado.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2019/05/20/west-creek-ranch-colorado-listing.html

https://www.dailycamera.com/2012/04/27/boulders-178-acre-shanahan-ranch-up-for-sale/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1765-Mclain-Flats-Rd-Aspen-CO-81611/13993143_zpid/

https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Westlands-8915029/

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.