Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 3 years, I've had 3 Titus bikes. One Quasimoto, one Quasimoto DH, and one Moto-lite. Now, I've added another Titus to the stable - a FCR Road. I guess it'll make me train more on the road when I can't ride off road!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
yangpei !~!

Congratulations on the Titus FCR. It looks sensational, and more photos and a ride report would be great:D . I'd say there are quite a few roadies (and closet rodies... and wannabe's like me) around this forum. Can you give us the specs and weight ?~?

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First ride

The first ride on the FCR Road was this morning - from Pasadena to Long Beach - about 30 miles. The bike is very fast, but much more comfortable over rough road than my aluminum Orbea was. It's about 17 lbs even now, but I have a new wheelset and carbon post on order - it should make it a little lighter.

Specs:

06 Titus FCR Road 56 cm
Easton EC90 SLX fork
Chris King headset
FSA K-Force stem
FSA K-Force bar
FSA SLK compact crankset
Dura Ace Shifters/brakes/derailleurs
Titus alum post
Selle Italia SLC Kit Carbonio Saddle
Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
DUDE! YOU STOLE THAT BIKE!!! I saw you... :thumbsup:

Nice job. I can't believe no one else bid on that super sweet frameset with all the goodies. I was looking real hard at that one but I had already blown my wad on the Modena. I'm glad it made it into good hands though. That's a very nice build. I hope it give you miles of pleasure.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

I was pretty stoked that I got the frame / fork for such a bargain. I guess Titus is not really know in the road bike community like Merlin / Litespeed / Seven. I think that played a role in nobody else bidding. I talked several times with the seller prior to bidding and he seems like a great guy. He was selling the bike to build a carbon Racer-X. Anyways, it's all the road bike I will ever need - for my cross training and occasional century. I also picked up a Seven ti frame on ebay for my wife to join me on road rides!

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Titus update

Got the new wheels and seatpost. The bike rides great. Unfortunately, I endoed hard on my Moto-lite the other day and got a grade 1 AC separation. That will limit my off-road rides to fireroads for awhile. Anyways, just wanted to post a pic of the final version of the FCR.

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks

"IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND. "

That was me last night when I did my high-speed endo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.