Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...just brought my new bike home late yesterday and got a chance to take it for a ride today. I LOVE IT!! Weighs in just under 22lbs with pedals and bar ends. A seriously fast machine, with plenty of stiffness for sprinting/climbing, yet typical of TREK's OCLV, comfortable to ride.

More pix to come - ran out of batteries after first big climb.

This replaced a Niner EMD w/full XT...and I'm enjoying every pedal stroke :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Biggest differences between EMD and SF Pro:

-- Ride comfort...I am addicted to TREK OCLV's ride (I also own a 2010 Madone 6.5/Project 1 and a SSL order going in around Feb/March)
-- Weight - this bike is REALLY light, only 1 lb heavier than my Ti cross bike
-- SRAM vs Shimano...verdict is still out...I'm a Shimano DA guy for my road bikes, but was told SRAM is just as good for mtn bikes. So far, no complaints other than having to re-bleed the brakes and the front brake lever being a bit "sticky"

The bar ends are Bontrager's....the CF just looked "right" on the bike. Easy to install (especially since I was replacing the grips) and per the box, safe with carbon bars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tossed it on a scale at the LBS before leaving...they have a Feedback Alpine digi-scale like Colorado Cyclist sells. The RL's are fairly heavy, but the RXL's shave considerable weight (just like the road versions).

Weighed 21.1 without bar ends and pedals...110 grams for bar ends, and a bit under 290 gr for my pedals...no water bottle cages

·
Registered
976 Posts
I tossed it on a scale at the LBS before leaving...they have a Feedback Alpine digi-scale like Colorado Cyclist sells. The RL's are fairly heavy, but the RXL's shave considerable weight (just like the road versions).

Weighed 21.1 without bar ends and pedals...110 grams for bar ends, and a bit under 290 gr for my pedals...no water bottle cages
Considering it's the ht pro, the weight sounds right to me

·
Registered
486 Posts
Uh, no. Don't slam that stem, or the first wash of the front wheel and the shifter/brake levers will impact the top tube when the bars come around and will go straight through the frame like my 2-month old 2011 Superfly did. Oh, and it won't be warrantied, but you'll get to spend a bunch more money on the crash-replacement warranty to be riding. So, don't slam that stem - make dang sure you have clearance.

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not trying to bust your bubble just being realistic I weighe mine on a park with no offense lighter wheels and it came out 23.6. Not trying to be a flamer just letting you know
Maybe it's the other parts/tid-bits...fork/bars/seat & post...any changes in XX from 2010 to the 2x10 2012 stuff...don't know, other than what I saw when I hung the bike on the scale on my way out the door of the LBS.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.