Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started with a 2011 Anthem X small frame
- 2011 XTR 3x10, shifters, brakes and Xt front Derailleur.
- Stan's Flow Wheels w/Stan's hubs.
- Reba Team 120mm fork
- Fizik Gobi Saddle
- Giant Carbon SLR - bars and seat post and stem.
- Crank Brothers Candy custom pedals and lock on grips.

It tops the scale at 24.55 lbs with pedals...

Time to go get it dirty!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I headed out to the trail this morning for a ride and ended up with a huge surprise, 4+ inches of snow just outside Las Vegas. I should have brought the snowboard instead. I ended up driving to another trail that is much more technical and was able to get a nice ride on the new bike. I love this bike. I am so glad I bought the small frame, it is very agile for a 29er. The bike climbs very well, even with the 120mm reba and descends much better than the Anthem x2 I test rode with the stock 100mm fox fork. This bike is more than an XC bike! I can not wait to hit the trails again.

Attachments

·
Master of the Universe!
176 Posts
Looks good and light to me. Not a big fan of polished frames, but I tend to bias to white or earthtones.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
- I am a tad under 5'8", I am running a 90mm stem and the setback giant seat post on the small frame and it feels spot on. I felt too stretched out on the medium Anthem X 29er I test rode. Before this bike I owned a medium RIP 9 and it was HUGE!

- The head angle with the 120mm Reba should be about 70 deg.

·
Registered
365 Posts
kiwanoron said:
- I am a tad under 5'8", I am running a 90mm stem and the setback giant seat post on the small frame and it feels spot on. I felt too stretched out on the medium Anthem X 29er I test rode. Before this bike I owned a medium RIP 9 and it was HUGE!

- The head angle with the 120mm Reba should be about 70 deg.
Are you using this for racing or anything or more of a trail bike?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am not a big racer, maybe one or two races a year - FOR FUN ONLY! This bike is my XC/Trail bike. After I get a few more rides on it I will post a more detailed review. I may get to make a trip up Gooeberry Mesa next weekend and will be rding this bike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kyle10bike said:
Glad to see you have a 120 on it, Thats what I'm running on mine. But why the riser bar!? Seems like a weird setup since thats a small frame and the 120 already brings the front end up.
I already had the bar, so I fliped the stem over to neg 6 deg and it works great. I am waiting to get my new 110mm fork so did not want to buy another bar till I got the fork. As for Medium bike, I rode both the small and Med. I liked the feel of the small anthem x 29er Much Better!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.