Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
841 - 860 of 1269 Posts

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #843 ·
in Denmark there is a scalpel with stabdard BB adapter and a THM Clavicula mounted .

with the owner i had a mail contact.

it's a faboulos choice in weight , money and good.looking.

but SL crankset is light too , is precious too , and i think is more stiff than Clavicula ... and a little cheaper ...

so SL crank for me is the only way on Scalp-eli

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 ·
manurc said:
Eli, did you try to move the under leg of the lefty for total travel ??

I already tried a tube like you did, but it always went INSIDE the lefty when I pushed the fork , staying on the under leg ...

about sex lube, it's generally 90% water (never vaseline because it will distroy the latex) so moisure contamination :nono:
not yet tried.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
eliflap said:
in Denmark there is a scalpel with stabdard BB adapter and a THM Clavicula mounted .

with the owner i had a mail contact.

it's a faboulos choice in weight , money and good.looking.

but SL crankset is light too , is precious too , and i think is more stiff than Clavicula ... and a little cheaper ...

so SL crank for me is the only way on Scalp-eli
thing is i al ready got THM Dp crank if i go for SL crank i need sel 12 weeks old THM DP crank and buy new SL crank wand by frameset i buy there is onlye scalpel BBQ + lefty carbon SL and no SL crank so i stay by THM crank

·
Registered
197 Posts
eliflap said:
i had a wait 4 months for my clavicula double , last year
i wait 3+ months on it and 1 month on THM Tripel 73mm

thm DP in my anthem adv 8.97kg

eliflap said:
so robin did you buy a NO BB30 frame , BBQ colored ?
is BB30 frame onlye in scalpel you can us normal crank to how thy do it donno but i can

this BBQ color i wil get

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
One thing makes me wonder : what is the sense of spending so much case on material to have a bike lighter than the pro's, with component's they don't even use? Reliability / performance should be the main factor, not just low weight.

The day you will try to sell this bike, you won't even get 1/3 of the cash back you put in it. Could have bought a car with that and have a great bike. Just my 5 cents ...

·
Registered
73 Posts
madskatingcow said:
One thing makes me wonder : what is the sense of spending so much case on material to have a bike lighter than the pro's, with component's they don't even use? Reliability / performance should be the main factor, not just low weight.

The day you will try to sell this bike, you won't even get 1/3 of the cash back you put in it. Could have bought a car with that and have a great bike. Just my 5 cents ...
Who wants a car? They are a bad investment too. Just let the man build his bike, I find it very interesting and it gives me a way to waste a few minutes of my day. :thumbsup:

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #859 ·
madskatingcow said:

one year ago i had 1 kg light than pro scalpel ....

this is a personal project , not a trail/race/downhill/otherthing bike.

i have another bike : a new F4 lowered from 12350 gr to 10060 gr ... and still in progress
this wheek maybe 9500 gr ... with XTR , PMP , Avid ... so i will race or ride a lot with it.

with a Ferrari you can race in national championship or only go to buy newspaper ...

i will read a lot of time from 2009 :D :D :D :D :D :D

841 - 860 of 1269 Posts