Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new bike... I toiled long and hard at a lot of exotics, but the economy had it's way and I couldn't get the bike I had in mind... Enter the 2008 Flatline 3.

I work part time in a small shop that deals Rocky. I've had 2 of them previously (RM7, newer Switch) and liked them well. The 2 bikes in question had their issues, so I was gun-shy of ever owning another one. This bike was a pre season order in my size and when it showed up, I was astounded! This machine is the real deal for Rocky. After doing the standard p-lot speed lap, I put my paycheck on it!

It's stock right now with the additions of a Hadley/823 wheelset I had hanging on the wall, (for previous said exotic frame...) and I also bolted on my trusty leg scarring Syncros pedals. XTR cassette with XO/X9 controls too. Future changes will involve some weight savings. Notibly a ti spring, alloy rear axel, new Saint cranks (when they come out...) and a new fork. Not sure if I'll go single crown, or upgrade to the 888 WC...

3 rides in and I'm stoked. You can't bump this thing off line. Shove your outside foot into a turn and the bike digs in! Next stop; Whistler for 3 days of bike park mayhem... :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dusthuffer said:
those pics are cell phone quality!
But that does look like a hot hot hot DH specific race bike
As a matter of fact, I live in the year 1998. Wife's camera, but for my trip I'm going to invest in an Olympus 1030SW today for action shots. :thumbsup:

The pics are reduced in size so it doesn't take me an hour to upload them on my 1998 era dial-up connection... At least my bike's current. :lol:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I can't decide if i like the look of that frame or not.. :( but I do like how it squishes, IF i had the money for a DH frame this would definitely be on the short list.

have fun up at whistler, I'm heading up the last weekend of July, so get some pics for some online stokage

G

·
That icon is totally unnecessary and childish. A simple "nice bike!" would've suffice. This isn't pink bike.

BTW: nice bike man, despite it looking like it weighs 45-7lbs, I dig the hydroformed tubing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i dont know if its the color or the the fact that there is no sticker on the down tbe but it looks less demo-ish then other pics which means i think it looks hot.

WCH-that icon made my afternoon

·
Registered
839 Posts
Dr Phil mmkay said:
That icon is totally unnecessary and childish. A simple "nice bike!" would've suffice. This isn't pink bike.

BTW: nice bike man, despite it looking like it weighs 45-7lbs, I dig the hydroformed tubing.
Chill out. Nothing was meant by it except for a little laugh... live a little dude.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Dr Phil mmkay said:

This is MTBR...go smoke a bowl and chill.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
C S said:
Great looking bike:thumbsup: How much does it weigh?
Haven't checked, but I'm guessing 45-46... There's some heft in the cranks, axel, and spring that I will deal with, funds allowing... :rolleyes:

WCH, I don't really have words for your animation except I'm sore from laughing at it...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.