Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm a bit new to Mountain Biking (and the forum!), well since I was a kid!! I went and got a Diamondback Peak HD mainly cos I like the look and it seemed quite light...

Here's some of the specifications; think I'll need to upgrade anything in the near future? I only do light cross country stuff, no jumping or mountain stuff ;)

Frame: Alloy Vectra Hydroformed frame
Forks: RST GIla Mechanical Lockout 100m
Gearset: 24 speed Shimano Alivio with Truvativ Iso Flow 3.0 cranks
Brakeset: Quad "Tork" hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear
Wheelset: Alloy Diamondback doublewall rims on Quando alloy disc hubs
Controls: Diamondback Bar and stem

Anyhoo, my main reason for posting is to see if anyone can ID this bike frame, the chap who offers it says its an Azonic Frame, which I have found is a really good make, but It doesn't match any I see on the internet!! Can anyone confirm / disprove this?

Here's a pic and some general specs;

azonic frame (in kawasaki green)
maxxis tyres
26" wheels (brand new)
shimano deore rear mech
shimano xt front mech
shimano alivio crank
shimano deore shifters
disc brakes
rst launch (brand new)
all new cables
kmc chain
dmr v8 copy pedals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thank's - that's not the bike with the hydro brakes, thats a different one someone has offered me since I went out and bought the other, but I was thinking of having it as a spare / for the wife. (sorry probably not clear in my post!)

The main thing I wanted to find out is if anyone can identify the make of the frame for the green bike? I'm being told it's an Azonic but can't see a matching one on the internet so wondered what it actually is, don't wanna get an Apollo frame or something ;)

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
theren said:
Hi

I'm a bit new to Mountain Biking (and the forum!), well since I was a kid!! I went and got a Diamondback Peak HD mainly cos I like the look and it seemed quite light...

Here's some of the specifications; think I'll need to upgrade anything in the near future? I only do light cross country stuff, no jumping or mountain stuff ;)

Frame: Alloy Vectra Hydroformed frame
Forks: RST GIla Mechanical Lockout 100m
Gearset: 24 speed Shimano Alivio with Truvativ Iso Flow 3.0 cranks
Brakeset: Quad "Tork" hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear
Wheelset: Alloy Diamondback doublewall rims on Quando alloy disc hubs
Controls: Diamondback Bar and stem

Anyhoo, my main reason for posting is to see if anyone can ID this bike frame, the chap who offers it says its an Azonic Frame, which I have found is a really good make, but It doesn't match any I see on the internet!! Can anyone confirm / disprove this?

Here's a pic and some general specs;

azonic frame (in kawasaki green)
maxxis tyres
26" wheels (brand new)
shimano deore rear mech
shimano xt front mech
shimano alivio crank
shimano deore shifters
disc brakes
rst launch (brand new)
all new cables
kmc chain
dmr v8 copy pedals
That frame is more of a jump bike than XC/ trail.

If you want a bike, you could do worse for your PSP, regardless what the frame is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.