Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I made some small changes to my 1990 FRO, decal and spec-wise. Now I consider this bike *done*. Unless I find a pair of Easton decals for the down tube or a steel FTW stem...

BTW, I think my singlespeed is also a classic now, the frame is already 8 years old and it was the last year for the steel FRO:

just added an On One Midge bar. need to play around a bit with the handlebar setup, think the angle can be a bit more upright. Next ride will tell ;)

Greetings,

Michael

·
Registered
7,696 Posts

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
Yeti had some nice paintjobs. The dart paintjob is very nice, I like the double dart also, like the one on that MBA cover.

I think the gray color is the nicest thought, but perhaps someone thinks its a bit dull? Gray with turquoise Dart is the win!

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
erkan said:
Yeti had some nice paintjobs. The dart paintjob is very nice, I like the double dart also, like the one on that MBA cover.

I think the gray color is the nicest thought, but perhaps someone thinks its a bit dull? Gray with turquoise Dart is the win!
I agree 100%! Here's my '92 Pro FRO

Attachments

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
Anyone who can look at those pristine Gawdy 80's paint jobs and not lust for some neon yellow Oakley Factory Pilots and some JT Racing Bones racing Lycra has a cold dead heart...

rb

oh...Gawdy in a good way, BTW.

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
Tripple dart paintjob rules! someone email the current yeti guys this thread, they might paint 2007 bikes in that color.

·
Steel is Real!
124 Posts
erkan said:
Tripple dart paintjob rules! someone email the current yeti guys this thread, they might paint 2007 bikes in that color.
Does no-one like the Turq frame, neon green /yellow accutrax & stem combo? For me that's "classic Yeti"

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
Personaly I prefer anodizing to neon. But neon fork/stem/handlebar on a Yeti looks really good to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.