Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i restored a 1990 mongoose iboc pro , it was missing the rear wheel tire cassette , the seatpost & saddle as well , the frame was perfect no scratches nice glossy finish , the rear deraileur still had the shimano orange decal in front of the pully , wheels are brand new !! , it rides good although im keeping an eye out for a nos shifter brake lever combo , tires are smoke and dart panaracers , size is a 19" cc:)

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congrats! I built quite a few of the later 1991 and on up models for the LBS I was at then. These and Haros were a sure bet to be a tad different than all the regular stuff like Specialized, etc.

So, gonna get it dirty?!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just picked one up for $25, it's going to be a parts donor for a 1989 Kona I'm putting together.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice. Mongeese are under rated.

I have the one thats a little later, with the triangular top tube and Yeti style wishbone stays. Too big for me though, about a 21-22". 7005 Aluminum.

Yous is steel ?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Wow That was my first MTN Bike.. I had it in red, Thanks for sharing it with us :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My IBOC

Not sure if its a pro or not due to how old this pic is !! But it was my 1'st MTB back in 89 ..

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts