Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back riding a little bit, but the local weather has not been cooperating, too much snow to ride, not enough to XC ski. Not sure why, but I haven't been spending much time on MTBR lately...

Anyway, here's my '09 in review.

I rode a lot up through November, though I guess I kind of let up on the picture taking this year...

A little icy riding in January:

February, more of the same (studded tires are awesome!):

March - a little night riding:

April rocks

May logs:

June was scrubby:

July Nothing happened

August: I led some folks on a local ride, best comment "wow"

September: a do-it-yourself pumptrack kit

October comes with colors:

November: Massive NEMBA ride (43 riders!):

And pumptrack completes:

December WTF...

Here's to a healthy 2010...

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Nice set John. I coulda used those studded snow tires today for about 50 feet. Went right down on my but when I hit the blue ice.

Man those New Englanders come out in hordes for group rides!

Did I miss the pump track building thread? That looks great. I so want one of those but after spending months and thousands of dollars finishing our back yard I doubt my wife would appreciate me tearing it all up. We even poured a concrete path clear around the large back yard for the kids to ride. A pump track woulda been so much cooler (and cheaper).

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pumptrack

Here's the build thread - how is it that someone who lives 3000 miles away from me knows that I would have put together a build thread? :) I did it by hand with a wheelbarrel and it took about 50 hours to get to its present state, it still needs some tweaking. Its in a space of only 75x75 or so, not much room, but a lot of fun!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=556503

A video from a few weeks ago - the pumptrack is the second thing to get shoveled off (after the driveway) - you might have to look away for the first 14 seconds, I thought it was clever, but it seems to induce nasuea in most people...

Pumptrack in Winter from Jisch on Vimeo.

As far as hordes - sometimes the NEMBA sponsored rides get huge, which is a lot of fun if you go in understanding what that many riders is going to do to the pace. I always say add 20 minutes on to the ride for every rider over 6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.