Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sad to see a nice bike go to waste! ;)

Does your chain tension change as you move through the travel? Considering the center of the rear axle doesn't pivot on the center of BB. Or does your device keep it tight.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
you have a lot of posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
pop_martian said:
Such a shame! Why on Earth would you do that?!
please don't say: "to save weight".

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sad and Pathetic, some people will do anything in an effort to look cool, what are you going to do next saw it in half and make it into a unicycle?

·
Forging Elite Awesomeness
772 Posts
SweatyYeti said:
Sad and Pathetic, some people will do anything in an effort to look cool, what are you going to do next saw it in half and make it into a unicycle?
You people need to chill. Maybe it was only done to enter a SS race and will get changed back later. It's not like it's a permanent modification.

It's still a bike. :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CDB said:
Sad to see a nice bike go to waste! ;)

Does your chain tension change as you move through the travel? Considering the center of the rear axle doesn't pivot on the center of BB. Or does your device keep it tight.
The tensioner is basically a rear derailleur. It has changes just like a derailleur would when the suspension compresses.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SweatyYeti said:
I was thinking about putting Yeti stickers on it, then cutting it in half to make it a unicycle......jackass!

P.S. Don't hate

·
Registered
864 Posts
What strikes me the most though is not the drivetrain conversion, but rather the size of your saddle bag! what do you have in there? Joe, for what ever it is worth, and though I would not do it myself, it is a neat conversion. How much weight did you loose by doing it? I also take it you have a few other single speeds you ride, how does this one compare to the others?

·
mtbr member
655 Posts
there are plenty of places I ride that could be done effectively with a SS...I'd like to hear your thoughts after riding it a few times :thumbsup:

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !
43 Posts
joe, no offense bud but you just slapped several specialized designers in the face. lol i take it the 4 billion posts were made to defend that bike ???

·
Registered
492 Posts
I dig it. I've ran my Epic SS before. It works out alot better than you think it would. Why does it matter what he does, its his bike, and an extremely nice one at that. Have any of you who have been dogging it ever ridden single speed? Enough said. I'm sure his bike is alot better than half of yalls junk.

What ratio are you running? I've been thinking about knockin' mine back down pretty soon, but I already have a bike for that. The Epic makes a nice full squish SS bike, believe it or not. There is a "magic gear" for these bikes, I just haven't found it.
As Joe said, its pretty much a rear derailleur. It keeps proper tension throughout the ride.

Divo- How is running a bike as a single speed slapping a designer in the face? Please explain. How is his set-up taking away anything from the design of that frame? Proper tension is there, a gear ratio that works is in play, and it isn't taking away any integrity from the frame. I don't have all 27 gears on my bike, did I slap 'em too? Your ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts