Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Surf 'n' Trail Rat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently, I joined MTBR. Usually, I post on the VRC forum, as i'm into vintage MTBs. However, my trusty steed is a 2008 Yeti 575, which i LOVE. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Surf 'n' Trail Rat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$ally Hu$tle said:
that's a really good looking 575!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks for your comments, everyone! :)

I haven't even weighed the bike, although I think that it's between 28-30lbs. When I first built it, I used some lighter parts and tires. As this is my first FS bike, i've found that as it allows me to ride far more aggressively, many lightweight components just don't hold up.
I'd much rather deal with a slightly heavier bike on the climbs that allows me to hit techy descents with confidence, than have to tone down my riding and worry about component
failure(s) just to shave a couple of pounds.

·
Registered
558 Posts
art23 said:
Thanks for your comments, everyone! :)

I haven't even weighed the bike, although I think that it's between 28-30lbs. When I first built it, I used some lighter parts and tires. As this is my first FS bike, i've found that as it allows me to ride far more aggressively, many lightweight components just don't hold up.
I'd much rather deal with a slightly heavier bike on the climbs that allows me to hit techy descents with confidence, than have to tone down my riding and worry about component
failure(s) just to shave a couple of pounds.
Yup. I'm finding that I want some beefier wheels for this exact reason. My CK/DT Swiss 4.2d's work well, but I do worry about them from time to time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.