Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me crazy. I just got the bike, so the chain probably needs to be tightened, or removed a link, but still, the chain slap is out of control. Any suggestions? Otherwise, "THE BIKE IS SICK!" Later, Justin Tee

·
Registered
297 Posts
jamie said:
Lizard Skins or an old tube zip tied on.
No need to use ugly zipties !
I opened up the rear triangle and put an old tube over the chainstay , folded so it doubled up.
It a 5min job to remove pivot bolts and hanger (and rearwheel offcourse) put the tube on and put it back together , looks loads cleaner than zipties.
Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
A Chain guide will shut the noise up considerably,a DRS if you run a front derail,SRS if single chainring,this provides a pivot point for the chain right below the closest spot in the swingarm,without a guide the chain pivots up at the chainring and comes up and slaps the swingarm.Try simulating the roller of a chainguide with your finger and you'll see what I mean.
Also switch to s r a m derailluer in the rear,they control the chainslap better because the body will only rotate up so far then it hits a internal stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.