Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Moto world there are decals you can put on your suspension which list relevant settings. Does anybody make anything like this for mountain bikes? Hard to remember what setup I like, especially between brands and bikes, and when a bike sits for a while I have to start over.

https://bikegraphix.com/product/suspension-setting-decals/

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Text Line Font Orange Parallel

I was hoping for something a little more professional than asking tape and a sharpie. Maybe something along these lines?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I save mine in a text doc on my phone with a copy uploaded to my Google Drive so it's always accessible. One plus is it's easily edited as my weight drops over the season and my riding gets faster, and as more aggressive terrain gets opened up as the snow melts off.

You could even save multiple sets of data for trail riding, bike park, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Boom bap ambassador
922 Posts
I keep a medium sized whiteboard in my garage with setting on it, number of hours until maintenance, etc and take a picture of that with my phone.

The logic is I always take my phone with me and if I'm doing service I'm going to reference the whiteboard.

That wouldn't work as well as clintj's setup if you are changing your suspension quite a bit from ride to ride or on a ride though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've only got two sets of settings saved in that file, just because I've found park riding is better with a rather different set of damping values. There's much bigger chunk and numerous drops/jumps in the park trails, so I tend to run different amounts of compression and rebound to help keep the bike controlled and glued to the trail. My general trail setting is a happy medium that covers the vast majority of my riding, where I want a softer ride and to use more travel on average. That's the one that varies over the season since I usually shed about 15lbs and get faster all around when I can ride a lot.

It's nice to be able to dial my settings right back in after a few DH runs before hitting the regular trails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.