Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm riding down from top of the world today, and as I approach the ledge/drop after the second turn, I see these kids pushing what looked like downhill bikes up the trail. I didn't really focus on them at first because I needed to concentrate on rolling said ledge, but once I cleaned and rolled past them I noticed they were on MX bikes. These weren't 50's either. Pretty big bikes. I'm not trying to be the fun police, but holy f'ing christ. What the hell are you doing on a dirt bike at De La Veaga? I was so surprized I just kept going down the trail. It was like "did I really just see that?". Weird thing is I didn't hear any motor noise before or after seeing them. Maybe they just felt like pushing their heavy ass bikes up a hill, I have no idea. Seeing something like this out at Demo or out in the wilds is one thing. This is a city park with major foot traffic and tight singletrack. I can just see some girl running through the forest getting plowed by a kid on a 250. I guess the golf course used to have an MX track back in the day. Was this some sort of "Time Bandits"-esque flashback scene?

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Kids might be idiots, but the parents would be partially to blame for not having the bikes under lock and key while at work.

They might have been electric. I have seen a prototype electric moto that was about the size of an 80 and was very snappy. No noise to give your location away to the fuzz.

De Laveaga is tight. I always think I am gonna plow someone in there. I don't spend much time there these days because the main trail is to rooted and rutted. It is hard to maintain speed to do the ever sketchy berms :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.