Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHAHA what do you think im a 15 year old wanker .

I mean heavy

Meshuggah / Cloudkicker / Tesseract / The Faceless

you probably havent heard of any of them besides maybe meshuggah or the faceless

Heavy Progressive style music :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
thetrav27 said:
HAHAHA what do you think im a 15 year old wanker .

I mean heavy

Meshuggah / Cloudkicker / Tesseract / The Faceless

you probably havent heard of any of them besides maybe meshuggah or the faceless

Heavy Progressive style music :thumbsup:
Try this on for size, you probally listen to Born of Osiris, they are on the same label as The Faceless. Lee the guitar player used to play for me in my old band.

ill out prog-core you anyday:thumbsup:

and im a drummer BTW. i forsee that Q coming.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
thetrav27 said:
if Meshuggah sucks whose better. Try and figure out some of their polyrhythms and let me know how it goes.
When I was into Dream Theater, I was into doing such things. When I stopped analyzing into the thousanths of a millisecond and when I didn't care for doing math while listening to music, I stopped listening.

Try Lethargy on for size.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hand/of/Midas said:
Try this on for size, you probally listen to Born of Osiris, they are on the same label as The Faceless. Lee the guitar player used to play for me in my old band.

ill out prog-core you anyday:thumbsup:

and im a drummer BTW. i forsee that Q coming.
why arent you playing with him still ?

I dont like born of osiris all to much, listened to them a little.
Im a guitarist so i can dig some of their stuff but some of it is to hardcore to much breakdowns.
Im looking for a drummer... haha :p

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
thetrav27 said:
why arent you playing with him still ?

I dont like born of osiris all to much, listened to them a little.
Im a guitarist so i can dig some of their stuff but some of it is to hardcore to much breakdowns.
Im looking for a drummer... haha :p
i got out of the band for a few reasons, one being im working toward having a full time firefighting job, and dont want to live off $10 a day in a van as a drummer, I good enough but thats not what i want i want to make killer music and play it localy or withen a few close states,not full time.

after i left and they didnt find a drummer to replace me Lee joined a band we were friends with, they later became BOO about a year later.

Im going to be playing with some old bandmates again,if i play with one guy it will be crazy break-beat druming with flowing bass lines. if i play with the other guy it will be like Between the Buried and Me.(colors is the most well written album of all time.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hand/of/Midas said:
i got out of the band for a few reasons, one being im working toward having a full time firefighting job, and dont want to live off $10 a day in a van as a drummer, I good enough but thats not what i want i want to make killer music and play it localy or withen a few close states,not full time.

after i left and they didnt find a drummer to replace me Lee joined a band we were friends with, they later became BOO about a year later.

Im going to be playing with some old bandmates again,if i play with one guy it will be crazy break-beat druming with flowing bass lines. if i play with the other guy it will be like Between the Buried and Me.(colors is the most well written album of all time.)
nice well ya i was more into playing heavier stuff in my high school years, but joined an alternative rock band and we started playing a bunch of shows. So now were comin out with a cd and I want to start jammin some heavy stuff again =P
Cant get away from it.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
When I was into Dream Theater, I was into doing such things. When I stopped analyzing into the thousanths of a millisecond and when I didn't care for doing math while listening to music, I stopped listening.

Try Lethargy on for size.
Dream Theatre dont get that technncal, my fav song from them is Dance of Eternity, not that difficult compared to other bands out there,but there is one section where every measure switches time signitures,i love it.

I dont really think about counting stuff like that,i just meorize the feeling and its natural with simple bands like Dream Theatre.
Other bands like old Dillinger Escape Plan i have to count out the changing patterns, most of the time they are two measure alternating rythems, with the 3rd only being the frist part repteated, or other patterns i definently have to put some thinking behind. Old dillinger was so much better then new.

BTW, you dont count music in milliseconds, you subdivide. 1/1,1/2,1/4,1/8,1/16,1/32,and if your really nuts 1/64.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Dream Theater was good until SDoIT, and I saw them several times during their 4 hour hometown shows between then and the ToT tour. ToT had the moments, was questionable, then they blamed the fans for their problems, yadda yadda. Claim they have no money, yadda yadda. Hah, take a gander and the size of Petrucci's house.

The Milliseconds was a reference to the now-removed dt forum, where fans got really obsessed and they would analyze minutia. The best was when portnoy started banning everyone when Cocktavarium came out, including those who presented constructive critical reviews of not liking the album. Soon after, he took the forum down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.