Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Occupation: Human
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't listen to music when I ride. There are plenty of threads that deal with that subjet. But I do enjoy a good pre-ride, (specially a pre-race) set of tunes to help me either: concentrate or get pumped up!

my current favorite: galvanize, by the chemical brothers. great tempo, cool lyrics...

:headphones:
 

·
Rolling
Joined
·
11,120 Posts
But do you play it loud in the parking lot thinking everyone else putting on their socks enjoys the same kind of music as you do?

Seems a lot of people do that.

I should dig up Hello Kitty's post on it-- it was classic.
 

·
EastBaySteez
Joined
·
4,726 Posts
I only listen to music when I ride if Im riding alone. (which is hardly ever) other than that only in the car to the park :) Lets seeee a few bands. Lamb of God, Kill Switch Engage, In Flames, Diecast, Hatebreed,System of a Down, alot more. Metal head for life!!!! XD
 

·
conjoinicorned
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
But do you play it loud in the parking lot thinking everyone else putting on their socks enjoys the same kind of music as you do?
you're partly correct....i dont care if they enjoy my music, that's the difference...;)

oh and to the OP....i like some nice easy beats before a ride (quantic, dj krush/shadow etc.)
 

·
Gus, just Gus.
Joined
·
147 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
I only listen to music when I ride if Im riding alone. (which is hardly ever) other than that only in the car to the park :) Lets seeee a few bands. Lamb of God, Kill Switch Engage, In Flames, Diecast, Hatebreed,System of a Down, alot more. Metal head for life!!!! XD
I'll see your metal and add a few of my own favorites...
Mastadon, Celtic Frost, Soilwork, Avenged Sevenfold for starters!

:band:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
pre-ride adrenaline tunes ?

DOOBIE Bros. - China grove

AC/DC - HWY to HELL / SHOOT to THRILL

METALLICA - SAD but TRUE / WHEREVER I may ROAM

maybe...

NICKLEBACK - Animals
 

·
Time is not a road.
Joined
·
4,150 Posts
uh, what day is it?

I really dig Barry Manilow's "I Write the Songs" to get me going...:thumbsup:

I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs


:D :D :eekster:
 

·
Rolling
Joined
·
11,120 Posts

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
Joined
·
6,171 Posts
yeah that was a riot. puddy tat is back on bikemojo strring d pot. amusement insues.

lidarman said:
But do you play it loud in the parking lot thinking everyone else putting on their socks enjoys the same kind of music as you do?

Seems a lot of people do that.

I should dig up Hello Kitty's post on it-- it was classic.
 

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
Joined
·
6,171 Posts
seriously...

that natalie cole song is good to--i feel d earth move--or somethin like that. haha edit--umm i mean carol king

chad1433 said:
uh, what day is it?

I really dig Barry Manilow's "I Write the Songs" to get me going...:thumbsup:

I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs

:D :D :eekster:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
We like listening to some of The Collective/ROAM songs on the way to the trailhead. While riding (with a MONO-bud, mind you), I tend to prefer Metallica.

Once I'm so far gone I can barely pedal and can't stand up straight, nearly any classic/old favorite song can get me singing/wheezing. I remember attempting "Runaway Train", which is not necessarily a great climbing song, but, hey. I was barely conscious.
 

·
Occupation: Human
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lidarman said:
So in case you actually are one of those morons newguy, enjoy these threads of the past. They are a riot!
Pass My Shotgun sindrome??? haha lol... I don't blast the music on the parking lot... but I think jimbo2k said it best: Riding with you sounds like a barrel of fun :thumbsup:

So, what kind of music do you like lidarman?
 

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
Joined
·
6,171 Posts
a little bit of everything...

I like a mix--mainly classic rock, but some of the pop stuff is ok too.

mtbnewguy said:
I don't listen to music when I ride. There are plenty of threads that deal with that subjet. But I do enjoy a good pre-ride, (specially a pre-race) set of tunes to help me either: concentrate or get pumped up!

my current favorite: galvanize, by the chemical brothers. great tempo, cool lyrics...

:headphones:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Pre-Ride: Loud, fast heavy metal. The louder and faster, the better. For example, Killswitch Engage is loud and fast. However, Nile is louder and faster. Therefore, for purposes of BontyRider pre-ride psyching up, Nile is superior to Killswitch Engage. However, in most other circumstances, Killswitch makes for a superior listening experience when compared to Nile. An exception is when the playing of either album is immediately preceeded with an utterance along the lines of, "I'm going to play the Nile record right now," in which case it would be preferable to play the Nile record as opposed to the Killswitch record, because playing the latter would cause confusion and befuddlement among your audience and detract from the music-listening experience.

Post-Ride: As long as I'm eating something, I don't care.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top