Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently built myself a new website. I ponied up the cash went with a web design company that offers templates built specifically for photographers. The best part; I can update it, which means that it will actually see new photos added more than twice a year....
Sooooo, one of the options is, Gasp, Music!!

Everyone on this site seems to spend enough time on the web to be mostly qualified critics. So here's the question;
Is it enjoyable to view someone's site while tunes play through the background? or is it distracting from the images at hand?

If I go with the music option, I'm thinking something instrumental (lyrics seem to me that they could get old) maybe old Beastie Boys or some Tommy Guerrero.....

Also, would you play the same song in a loop? or have a few that play back to back?

Whaddya all think?

Check it out: www.annekellerphotography.com
It's still a work in progress, but any feedback is welcome.:)

Thanks,

Anne

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
no. no. no. no.

i don't want to listen to your music, unless you are a recording artist and i'm checking out your site on purpose. it's not even about being distracting....but i'm surfing away, listening to streaming radio or something that I chose to listen to, then all of a sudden there is a horrible clash of sounds as the website music comes on...then i have to turn the whole damn thing off.

please, please don't put music on your website...

oh, and for the record....beautiful pics you have on your site!!!

·
More Chasmism
798 Posts
Your site is way too high of quality to do the music thing. That would make it seem very myspacey. The dj urge seems so ubiquitous as to have become meaningless.

hfly

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ferday said:
no. no. no. no.

i don't want to listen to your music, unless you are a recording artist and i'm checking out your site on purpose. it's not even about being distracting....but i'm surfing away, listening to streaming radio or something that I chose to listen to, then all of a sudden there is a horrible clash of sounds as the website music comes on...then i have to turn the whole damn thing off.

please, please don't put music on your website...

oh, and for the record....beautiful pics you have on your site!!!
Extremely good point. I usually have the radio/music on while I am on the computer as well.
Thanks about the pics.

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hfly said:
Your site is way too high of quality to do the music thing. That would make it seem very myspacey. The dj urge seems so ubiquitous as to have become meaningless.

hfly
oh yeah, no myspace for me. equally good point.

oh- awesome moab pics that you been posting lately as well. you have excellent talent with the landscapes! I always enjoy them

cheers,

anne

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I agree also. Either because I'm listening to something else, or when on my laptop the volume is usually inaudible.

No Music.

I like the site, though. Nice interaction and as always, great photos.

G

·
Musac for sure!

Right after you add a few dozen flashing gifs, a scrolling marquee and a rotating "Email Me!" mailbox gif.

I understand it's a template but if there's a way to disable the browser hijack (full screen) and load the same size window, that would be much more professional.

Keep on shooting like you do.

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mtbbrian said:
I say No to music. It eats up bandwidth, and when it's combined with Flash it's a double whammy.
I like the site! It's a great improvement over the old one, not that it was bad.
You've come a long way Annie! I saw some of your stuff in BIKE recently too.
Brian
:thumbsup:
Hey Brian-
awesome new Holga stuff on your site btw, i just checked it out.
hope all is well and you are shooting lots.

anne

G

·
A picture is worth a thousand MP3's

No Music
<--- surfing at work so I have to Mute the speakers anyway :D

·
I Just Ride....
913 Posts
grannyannie said:
Hey Brian-
awesome new Holga stuff on your site btw, i just checked it out.
hope all is well and you are shooting lots.

anne
Thanks!
I am keeping busy photographically.
I recently got a new camera, a rangefinder.
It's different, but I LIKE IT!
I'll keep my eye out for your name in BIKE more often!
Brian

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
No music! I'm listening to what I want to listen to already.

I'm not a fan of the new browser window either. Also, while the fading in and out looks cool, it seems really slow. I'd suggest twice as fast, if possible.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If anyone else is like me, they will have multiple tabs open, and when one opens with music, I get pissed that I dont know witch one the music is coming from, and I end up closing the whole window, and only returing to the sites that I frequent, aka mtbr.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
mtbbrian said:
Thanks!
I am keeping busy photographically.
I recently got a new camera, a rangefinder.
It's different, but I LIKE IT!
I'll keep my eye out for your name in BIKE more often!
Brian
Whats a rangefinder in photography? sorry for the thread hijack

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.