Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fell in love with my moonlander!!..its a real basher...had my heart set on a beargrease for some lite trail work, but have just seen pics of the Muru Cycles - titanium fatbikes Ti frame...and some weight weenie builds using it...OH MAN!

tix1.jpg

with XX1 and 4.7s its 11.5kg, as you see in the pic... and thats with the steel fork, I think you can get a Ti fork for it, and Ti bars...bang it up tubless...that has to be better than the beargrease!?!?! Sure it might cost a little more, but you might die tomorrow...whatever...K

·
Fat & Single
4,120 Posts
Nice bike ! Does anyone know what the chainring is on the front of the bike on post #1.

Some spideless middleburn fitting bling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even though I could have it sent through , I am happy to wait so it keeps my wife's frame happy when it arrives

·
Fat & Single
4,120 Posts
29 ring of a middleburn duo
Ah, thanks for that.

Im feeling the butt hurt form HBC's demise. Paitently waiting for someone else to take up the slack and make spiderless chainrings for middleburns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
what does it matter how much it weighs when it's missing a bunch of parts.
sub 13kgs. (with pedals too)

Arrans bike.jpg

the build:
Frame: Muru Witjira ti
Cranks: Middleburn RS7
Drivetrain: SRAM XX1 (10-42t)
Brakes: XTR Trail - 160mm Rotor F&R
BB: Phil Wood Square Taper Ti
Front Ring: Middleburn Duo 29t
Wheels: Surley (Holy) Rolling Darryls
Hubs: Hope FATSno
Tyres: Surley Big Fat Larry's 120tpi
Fork: Salsa Enabler (Carver Carbon on its way)
Seatpost: Erikson Ti
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Max Flow Ti
Bar: Mt Zoom Carbon 740mm
Stem: Ritchey Carbon

Sub 13kg including pedals

(can't wait to see how little it weighs with a carbon fork and tubeless conversion)

According to the happy owner, "it's yet to do much more than carpark ride but so far... its awesome"

·
Fat & Single
4,120 Posts
Looks awesome ! Will be interested to hear how he goes without the XX1 ring on the front and no chainguide once he gets it out of the carpark and onto the trails. That could make for a good setup if he gets away with it, clean look !

·
B2
466 Posts
I cant believe I just fell in love with another frame! The Muru looks so good.
Now to get the wife on board.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The MURU is a sick bike and very well made by all accounts. I'm meeting a buddy out at the North American Hand built Bike Show next week who has ridden one. I will get the down low from him and report back. I for one would love a MURU to go with my fatback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just recently stumbled across the Muru brand and am already a huge fan of what they offer. It ticks all the boxes for me. Lightweight if I decide to do some racing on it, but sturdy Titanium tubing with rack mounts should I want to go touring in the Aussie outback. Win/win!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts