Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up for Labor Day weekend and looking for a 3 day rental. My goal is to find a shop that will rent me a DH bike for three days and let me keep it at our Airbnb. I have a full day friday and only 3 & 4 hour windows on Saturday and Sunday. I can walk to & from the villiage from the house but it's about a 20 min walk that could be the difference in another run or not.

I know Arbutus Routes and Whistler Bike Co. let you hang on to the bike, but neither have XL DH bikes available for mutli-day. I've send emails and done a ton of digging but I'm not finding any other shops that do this.

Wanted to reach out here as a latch ditch effort to see if I've missed anyone.

thanks.

·
Registered
2022 Orbea Rise H15. 2021 Stumpjumper Comp Carbon
166 Posts
Last time I did a multi day rental, I rode my own bike to the shop (Summit Sport) and left it in a rack in the shop while riding the rental bike. Then at end of day rode my own bike back to where staying leaving the rental bike there. Maybe check with some shops to see if that's an option. Although I do get that you may not want to travel with a bike. We were riding non-bike park stuff also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would give shops a call vs. email. Try FanatykCo, Evolution Whistler ($$ but nice V10's), Summit Sport and Whistler Blackcomb itself.

Also if you are going to keep it at your Airbnb, you need to keep it physically inside the unit. Do not trust underground/parkade storage rooms, balconies etc. Bike theft is a real risk and the shop will charge your credit card if it happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.