Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sound silly, and it is, but how does the 2009 "toothpaste blue" frame look in person? If anyone's seen it, or better yet, if they have a picture, that would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, I was a little concerned about the Ranger wheels... Wish they'd used Dusters... Stock aside from tires and headset? Is that the 15.5? Front brake awol.... using as a dedicated jumper? I'm thinking downtown play bike...

·
Registered
20 Posts
JAKEEFER said:
Yeah, I was a little concerned about the Ranger wheels... Wish they'd used Dusters... Stock aside from tires and headset? Is that the 15.5? Front brake awol.... using as a dedicated jumper? I'm thinking downtown play bike...
for the most part, yes stock, switched to bb7 rear brake, XT crank, XTR v lever, cutome bend,1/2 link chain, the head set, and ran white shifter housing for the brake. dirt/street/park. only riden inside so far. good bike, i like it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HOLY SH!T !! That frame looks fantastic, and thanks so much for snapping some pics. :thumbsup:

So I've got a dilema here.. I'm definily digging that teal color, but I want to run at least a 1x9 setup, is the "mini cassette rear hub" cassette compatible, or just for SS?

And on the decals, they look permanent, am I correct? What do you think about them, they don't look stupid, do they?

Lastly, is the 15.5 in seattube from BB to TT/Seat Stay junction, or all the way to the seatclamp? And do you know if the minimum insertion for a seatube would be a few inches down, or a few inches past the junction with the HT? Sorry if that was wordy..

Enjoy that bike!!! :cool:

Edit: Is the eccentric BB compatible with a RD? What about a FD?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ryan97 said:
HOLY SH!T !! That frame looks fantastic, and thanks so much for snapping some pics. :thumbsup:

So I've got a dilema here.. I'm definily digging that teal color, but I want to run at least a 1x9 setup, is the "mini cassette rear hub" cassette compatible, or just for SS?

And on the decals, they look permanent, am I correct? What do you think about them, they don't look stupid, do they?

Lastly, is the 15.5 in seattube from BB to TT/Seat Stay junction, or all the way to the seatclamp? And do you know if the minimum insertion for a seatube would be a few inches down, or a few inches past the junction with the HT? Sorry if that was wordy..

Enjoy that bike!!! :cool:

Edit: Is the eccentric BB compatible with a RD? What about a FD?
the hub is ss only, the seat tube goes all the way from bb to the top, not peaced together. the bike can have rear gears, but no front derailuer. eccentric no problem with gears. 1x9 would work fine.
o ya- stickers are permanant, thay look ok though, very minimal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.