Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 27.5 stump jumper LT 150/140 travel. I'm thinking of adding a 29 front wheel but I would also like to reduce the travel front and back while I'm at it. 150/140 is too much for my area and I'm thinking 130 fork and 130 or 120 in the back. The trails I ride on ride on are very slow rocky with roots, punchy up and downs, tight twisty, no jumps, top speed hardly ever gets above 10 or 11 mph. I want the 29 front wheel for roll over and the 27.5 for quick acceleration up the short steep techy climbs. The SJ is a size XL. So I would need a 29 fork to begin with but where do I go from there with keeping the geometry appropriate. thoughts?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The 115/118 mm yoke is the part that you need to make your SJ into the short travel version. The part number for the yoke is S186300002. Any Specialized dealer should be able to order the part for you, or if you want to order one online, you can find them at Amain Cycling.

You'll also need a 190x45 shock which will give you 130mm rear travel.

You may want to move the flip chip to the high position to raise the rear of the bike, which should help bring the bike back closer to a more balanced position.

Honestly, unless you have access to a new fork, front wheel, and rear shock for a great price, you should think about whether or not the cost is going to be worth the 10-20mm change in travel. Or would setting aside that money that you'd spend on an almost 3-year old model be better spent towards buying a new bike with what you want from the start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts