Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Johnclimber said:
Who's checking in here every day for any signs of their Mukluks arrival date?

I am :smallviolin:
Yep. But I'm expecting it to be about (at least?) 5 more weeks. "November" is all anyone has ever said to me... If its before thanksgiving, I'll consider that bonus :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
waiting patiently

JordyB said:
Who's buying local and building now? :drumroll:

I am
:band:

Good luck waiting!
I'm buying local and waiting...and will most likely spend less. :) My LBS said end of month for my Mukluk. I'll be happy if it's here by middle of November.

·
CAMBA Creature.
222 Posts
I am too.
Ordered mine from the great bike shop in Dekalb, IL. North Central Cyclery.
Now, like Jack Johnson, I'm Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, it gets here soon. :)

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
KrateKraig said:
I am too.
Ordered mine from the great bike shop in Dekalb, IL. North Central Cyclery.
Now, like Jack Johnson, I'm Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, it gets here soon. :)

Oh....me too....oh wait i work there.

I just got a frameset to build up, really excited, thinking rolling darryls, and maybe E:thriteen cranks, but i'll probally put that crank money towared a Spearfish....yup.

I guess ordering full size runs of Mukluks & Pugsleys will be cool to have laying around the store. LOL. this is going to be the best winter ever.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I heard that they filled some pre-orders and now it will be out of stock until Spring. That's pretty ****ing stupid if it is true. I don't see it in QBP's catalog at all.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Aluminum Fatbacks and 907s available now for not much more money. Why all the Angst about the guys that make you wait when it isn't the only option? It may take a little more work on the consumers part because they are both small shops but you could be riding this winter. Both of those shops are good guys and way into snowbikes.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
I am waiting. Ordered mine through Milltown Cycles. I was told that the demand was such that it was surprising to Salsa. They had no idea it would go over as well as it did. Can't blame them for that, I say. Who could have known?

And don't forget about Pugsleys. I hear they will be here very shortly, and they are also a smokin' good deal.

I get that the AK guys feel that "buying local" is cool. I think so too. That's why I bought from a good friend that is local to me. ;)

·
CAMBA Creature.
222 Posts
sryanak, If I could get an American made Fatback or a 907 complete for $1500, I'd choose that over the Salsa. But, since the Mukluk was the first and only (until Surly saw the light and offered a complete Pugsley a few months after seeing how Mukluk's were selling) Fat Bike being offered as a complete bike, (at a very nice price) it was the only option.
A lot of people (like myself) are not mechanically gifted enough to build their own bike from the frame up. As Guitar Ted said; who could have known Fat Bikes would sell like this! Salsa took a gamble, It paid off. Surly followed. It paid off. The end result is, more people on Fat Bikes having fun.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Tell either Speedway or Chain Reaction what you want in the way of a budget build and I'd bet they'll ship it nearly fully assembled for not much more $$$ than an unproven 1st production run fatbike...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm having a hard time with some people's reactions to Salsa building a production bike. I don't really care if people care but why would anyone care. Who is it hurting? I'm buying as local as anyone...from my LBS and from Salsa who is in a state adjacent to me.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Gossamer1210 said:
I'm having a hard time with some people's reactions to Salsa building a production bike. I don't really care if people care but why would anyone care. Who is it hurting? I'm buying as local as anyone...from my LBS and from Salsa who is in a state adjacent to me.
Not sure I follow. You mean a production fatbike?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
I am waiting. Ordered mine through Milltown Cycles. I was told that the demand was such that it was surprising to Salsa. They had no idea it would go over as well as it did. Can't blame them for that, I say. Who could have known?

And don't forget about Pugsleys. I hear they will be here very shortly, and they are also a smokin' good deal.

I get that the AK guys feel that "buying local" is cool. I think so too. That's why I bought from a good friend that is local to me. ;)

I've got one coming from milltown as well.

Seems like it has been forever since I ordered it. My Bday is nov 11th so it will make a nice self bday present, and thats how I plan to explain it to the wife;)

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
If anyone who has ordered a Mukluk is going for a symmetrical build and doesn't need to offset adaptor, I would be happy to take it off their hands for `experimental` reasons !

Thanks,
Dr FG :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 357 Posts