Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the Muir trails at night? How much light would you suggest?

I currently have a homebrew 300 lumen light for the bars and a magicshine 900 for my helmet.

Homebrew will run for over 6 hours on high and MS for about 3.

·
=========
1,869 Posts
I think you'll be fine with that much light......but more would be better :thumbsup:

I was running just a nightrider HID on my helmet for the last few seasons and added a magicshine 1400 this fall for the bars.....I can see better now......but the magicshine battery may self combust at any time according to the i n t e r n e t ......so I've got that go'n for me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes make sure you store your Monkeyshine battery on a concrete surface in a non-flammable container, maybe a spot in your bomb shelter would be appropriate from what some are saying.

·
Registered
487 Posts
~gomez~ said:
I think you'll be fine with that much light......but more would be better :thumbsup:

I was running just a nightrider HID on my helmet for the last few seasons and added a magicshine 1400 this fall for the bars.....I can see better now......but the magicshine battery may self combust at any time according to the i n t e r n e t ......so I've got that go'n for me :rolleyes:
Isn't that only the old models? Did you buy yours in the 50s?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.