Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Giant Anthem
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone; I though it would be fun to compare muddiest bike pictures- please post your muddiest, sloppiest looking bike picture here so everyone can see!

"Mud race in Ohio last weekend-can you say new bearings all around?"

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am revising my advice to your other thread: Carry a spare bearing replacement kit with you at all times ... and maybe a spare front wheel too! What happened .... did it come off and you weren't able to find it any more?!

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
It would be quite a feat to get a bike that muddy where I ride, it way too dry out here.

I did get the Iguana pretty muddy in a early spring ride, snow melt is about the only way the trails get muddy here.

·
Giant Anthem
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheel off

MacGiv'er said:
I am revising my advice to your other thread: Carry a spare bearing replacement kit with you at all times ... and maybe a spare front wheel too! What happened .... did it come off and you weren't able to find it any more?!

Umm...it flew off when I rode a wheelie through the finish line:) Just kidding.
I took it off after the race to take it home. Then I was getting ready to clean it and thought of taking a pic!

I know mud is bad but the riding here is always wet (Ohio). I'm used to Colorado riding aghhh-wish I was back out west right now!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Washed off mud

Not so muddy, but that was because the rain kept washing it off (and it was a 3 hr race at 3 degrees C!) Took about an hour until I could feel the toes and fingers...lovely Tumut at the Autumn Leaves Festival, NSW Australia.
I'm impressed that the muddy bikes make it inside...

Attachments

·
Giant Anthem
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Australia!

tegski said:
Not so muddy, but that was because the rain kept washing it off (and it was a 3 hr race at 3 degrees C!) Took about an hour until I could feel the toes and fingers...lovely Tumut at the Autumn Leaves Festival, NSW Australia.
I'm impressed that the muddy bikes make it inside...
You win because your from Australia! My wife and I were there for an extended stay and let me tell you; I loved it there. We were in Wollongong and the blue mountains. Amazing place and people-more laid back and friendly than us Americans. I didn't mountain bike then but did ride some bike paths right by the ocean-breathtaking stuff wish I could go back!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Everywhere is fun - esp. with a bike!
I was in Philly Christmas before last and did not have the bike - Doh! (did eat a few cheesesteaks!) Also did manage to rent bikes for the family when in Washington DC - make the sightseeing much easier and faster - still think fondly about that gentle riding day.
Next time you are here, come and see Mt Stromlo in Canberra. You will catch a glimpse for the World cup this yr and next. Now that's fantastic (Government has contributed $6 million to MTB and Road Crit circuit there) - have just tried the new XC uphill section that has been put in for the elite riders - hats off to them if they clear it - I had to walk most of it!!! (Up and down) Glad you enjoyed Aus - don't tell too many people - it's great here!!! Not much mud though...how do you get the muddy bikes into the house..?

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
And just to add, it would also be quite a feat to get a bike that muddy to be cleaned in a jiffy! :D Mudcake!

I'd would say, awesome riding!!!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Why don’t I give this thread a little bump and post up a deliciously muddy pic of Adam Craig’s Anthem X…:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts