Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last Lake Sonoma Series race of the year is this coming Saturday, July 24th.

We just got word from the MTV program "MADE" that they are planning to film this event for an upcoming episode featuring a young woman trying to become a mountain biker. They've picked a challenging course to make her debut and we are happy to receive her.

It could be a lot of fun to participate and cheer her on as she takes a big deep step into her first mountain bike race ever! Super cool!

Details for this event are at http://LSS.BikeMonkey.net

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think MTV was out this past weekend at SV Endurance Dirty Gear series @ Fort Ord but I was out doing Boggs 24hour.

I did sign up for Lake Sonoma but not sure if I'm going to make it :(

Still pretty cool, should be fun! Hopefully bigger turn out then last time, well maybe not, that means less beer and food for me hehe

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
A six pack to anyone who can take out a camera man in the race.........

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Oh, I see,

Pardon my ignorance, I thought it was a development of real talent story-of sort of thing. Instead it is a contrivance, a form of entertainment i don't enjoy, I'm afraid.
I hope she doesn't get hurt or cause anyone else harm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fakie1999 said:
LOL! It actually looks like it might be a good episode. Starting her off with clip ins should help the ratings :thumbsup:
I totally missed that, now I know why they all fell over...I remember my first month with clip-ins, I was the exact same, except the girl part. :D

·
SSOD
826 Posts
Ahahaha! I love it. But I don't care who you are, you can't turn a chick into a competitive racer in 1 month. Even if she has a coach that likes hearing himself yell a lot, highly doubt it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DukeNeverwinter said:
It's airing tonight where I live. Got it scheduled to record. From the preview, the "coach" looks like a ******.
I don't have cable, so I can't watch it :mad:
I just have to wait until it is online.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts