Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with riding in the Saalbach/Hinterglemm area, which is referred to as Bike-Circus in Austria.(?)
http://www.bike-circus.at/
We're flying into Munich and are looking to explore something different from our usual riding at Riva del Garda.
The plan at the moment is to take the road bikes for the Stelvio Pass and other climbs, but Austria looks interesting for the dirt.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Laurie

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
couple times

chocolate girl said:
Does anyone have experience with riding in the Saalbach/Hinterglemm area, which is referred to as Bike-Circus in Austria.(?)
http://www.bike-circus.at/
We're flying into Munich and are looking to explore something different from our usual riding at Riva del Garda.
The plan at the moment is to take the road bikes for the Stelvio Pass and other climbs, but Austria looks interesting for the dirt.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Laurie
Been there. Done that.

I'd recommend it. It's on the route down south from Munich so it's on the way. They've got a good mix of downhill and freeride courses and 4-5 lifts. There's something called the 5 Gondola tour there if your looking at something epic. There's other trails if you don't want to ride the lift.

I've stayed in Leogang and took the lift over to Saalbach then back again as a tour. If you're interested in just lift riding, stay in Saalbach as there's more lifts there without having to do the cross over. If you're interested in apres-bike, I'd veer more towards Zell am See as it's a bigger town.

Other options in the area are the Kitzstein Horn in the morning for do a few runs on the glacier (not sure how good it is right now) in the morning. The lake at Zell am See after biking.

If you're road biking, I'd also recommend the Gross Glockner pass. I've heard there's some singletrack up there so knock yourself out.

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
If you're thinking of lift assisted riding, then Wagrain is a very good option also.It's about an hour drive from Sallbach and the main trail there is really flowy.
As far as trail riding goes, you can't really miss anywhere in the Alps you go.

Marko

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi chocolate girl,
If you are interested in guided routes around the Zell am See, Saalbach, Neukirchen, Kaprun area we can help. If you want to drop me a mail [email protected]and we can discuss specifics of what you are looking for and whether we can offer you the best of all worlds.

We offer lift assist as well as climbs, we are based in Kaprun (2.5 hrs from Munich) but don't focus on rides just around here, but offer people a flavour of the area so people get a great feel for the variety Austrian trails have to offer. This should give you a feel for what's on offer. If the link works

Great weather, excellent accommodation for all budgets, lovely food, loads of fun.

We have two female guides and an ex-pro racer, if we are not quick enough for you.

Am I tempting you? :thumbsup:

·
1,316 Posts
Hi CG,
Here is a site with a lot of good info on an area close to Innsbruck - there is supposed to be over 800km of trails in the region more XC oriented. I have not had a chance to ride there yet. Just thought it might be worth a look.

Cheers,
Chris

Zillertal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.