Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mtn biking around LEX V.A.

575 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CraigCreekRider 
#1 ·
Wondering for some info on ridin near Lexington V.A. I rode at Douthat and that was great. but am still lookng for more of a long wilderness ride in the G. Washington Nat Forest. Any ideas, without giving away the local goody???

#2 ·
Check out the new Alleghany Highlands Trail System

You just might be in luck - the new Alleghany Highlands Trail System is being built as we speak by 700 or so Order of the Arrow Boy Scouts. Douthat is the core, with 3 loops going out of the park. Theres a loop on the North, South and West - 60+ miles of trail. Only 14 miles of new trail, but the rest is existing single track / double track that should be hooked together soon. Middle Mountain south out of Douthat to Fore Mountain is awesome.

http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/arrowcorps5/gw_project_map.pdf

I hear Whetstone Ridge north of Buena Vista is good too, but haven't made that one yet. North Mountain near Longdale is good back country stuff - but I don't think its been sawed out in a while. CCR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.