Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, some pretty good press for the Front Range/Fort Collins/Loveland Mountain Bikers. John & Susan belong to Mountain High Trail Association, and have volunteered some weekend days building DBB & Blue Sky Trails... This happend about two weeks ago...

I guess this is front page in the Loveland paper..

http://www.lovelandfyi.com/region-story.asp?ID=5910

Great job !!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would love to hear the rational of closing those 2 trails. The west side of Hunter's (now laughing horse?) was always one of my favorite climbs and descents. It's all rock, so I can't imagine the reason has to do to with MTB erosion. Pass along any info; contacts, meetings, or the like. I would like these trails to open up again.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
cyclebluecat said:
I would love to hear the rational of closing those 2 trails.
Hiker complaints about mountain bikers is the word we got. The good news is that we seem to have gained some momentum with Larimer County, so now is the time that we need to continue to work with them to try and get these opened back up.

And kudos to Susan and John for helping out, you guys are examples of exactly what the mountain bike community need more of.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't get hikers complaints on the back west side loop. I've seen few hikers back there. Yes, some but few. How many can complain? Just don't get it. :madman: Anyway, keep us updated. Any input needed, or anything else? Sounds like you have an upper hand, so good luck in making it happen:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.