Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is this guy that starts thread after thread after thread, gets a ton of replies and views, again and again and again and again and again. The new face of Turner? I make it a point to NOT click on his threads, but I guess that's just me.

Some may ask if this question is worth its own thread but, sheeit, folks, is this guy REALLY the new guiding force on the Turner forum? I think he's just messing with ya'll.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
xcguy said:
Who is this guy that starts thread after thread after thread, gets a ton of replies and views, again and again and again and again and again. The new face of Turner? I make it a point to NOT click on his threads, but I guess that's just me.

Some may ask if this question is worth its own thread but, sheeit, folks, is this guy REALLY the new guiding force on the Turner forum? I think he's just messing with ya'll.
He is not technically breaking the rules - but I am going to report him to the mods. I have him on ignore, so I don't have to read his **** - but he is mucking up the whole forum.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Choices

xcguy said:

Would you rather have Fo Shizzle:confused:

just saying...........

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
I choose to ignore non-technical dribble - there is a section on mtbr for non-technical ramblings called passion. To those that feed the fire just don't reply / ignore and the fire will die. Maybe winter has struck a cabin like fever into those that would usually not stoop to indulging dribble.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,366 Posts
I used to think that Gonz was gonna be the first resident of my ignore list, and there's been a couple of others (29er Colossus) who really had nothing to contribute that almost caused me to push the button. But Procore123 may have actually earned that honor.

I've resolved to not respond to his posts, but maybe the ignore list is a simpler, and better, alternative.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I find it extremely annoying. However its just one of the latest annoyances that has me posting less here over the past year. I totally lost interest for several months after the jerk_chicken incident. I'm back to fight off cabin fever this winter, but this clown is making it tough to handle

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,366 Posts
2TurnersNotEnough said:
I've resolved to not respond to his posts, but maybe the ignore list is a simpler, and better, alternative.
Fail. Sorry about that, but it was just hanging there like a belt-high fastball across the middle of the plate (used as metaphor only, I was a crappy Little League player).

·
Registered
999 Posts
xcguy said:

The Turner forum used to be a great forum for gaining technical knowledge and sharing other information about Turner frames. Currently, the content of most threads have nothing to do with Turner frames or riding Turners. The Turner forum is now one of the worst forums. I hope things change for the better.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
JTBAZ said:
The Turner forum used to be a great forum for gaining technical knowledge and sharing other information about Turner frames. Currently, the content of most threads have nothing to do with Turner frames or riding Turners. The Turner forum is now one of the worst forums. I hope things change for the better.
I blame it on the Democrats

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Hydro Waltz

The analytical side of my brain desires to discuss this.

The logical side forgets there was a question.

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
JTBAZ said:
+1 Moderators really messed up by letting this clown run wild.

·
I sweep myself
141 Posts
DeeZee said:
Would you rather have Fo Shizzle:confused:

just saying...........
I've lurked here a long time, usually don't bother to post. I've seen a lot of characters come and go. I would take 20 Fo's over MTB123.

I really don't take all this stuff too seriously (it's the internet & bicycles for cryin out loud) so I actually find Fo funny most of time and Jerk Chix never bothered me all that much. I think right now this place needs more Fo.

But this other guy, well there is just a certain point where it ain't amusing anymore. Doesn't contribute anything of value that I've seen, seems to have some boner against DW & DT and every attempt at a self-deprecating post just comes off as disingenuous. The other option of course is that he is just doing it to get a rise out of people and amuse himself & his friends, but like that drunk frat kid in college, he doesn't yet realize everyone is just annoyed and laughing at him, not with him. It's just tiresome.

I remember a post from a couple weeks ago where some guy said he was not considering a Turner any more because of something DT posted. This may sound stupid to some but after all this drivel I've crossed NM off my road trip list. I can get to a lot of cool places pretty easy from where I live, but with a busy job and 2 kids I get limited road trip passes. I'm not going to waste one going some place where I may run into guys like this.

Anyway, that's my viewpoint. I'll go back to lurking and not taking mtbr too seriously...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts