Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MTHER FCKER TRIED TO STEAL MY BIKE AGAIN !!

Background - My old bike was stolen from my garage about 2 months ago - just replaced it with a Santa Cruz Nomad.....

1st - please pardon my language.... I'm a little upset.....

So last night around 5pm I'm about to pull into my garage so I've just pushed the button and am waiting for the light to change so I can round the corner and pull in. AS I'm making the turn into the garage some ******* trots into my garage and starts trying to steal my bike !!! It's locked down now to a concrete anchor in the garage floor so he's not getting anywhere. I pull in and have my headlights on him and he just KEEPS trying to steal it !! I get out of the car shoved him against the wall and yelled "WHAT THE FCK ARE YOU DOING ??!? The **** that came out of his mouth next was UNBELIEVABLE and in no particular order he said "I didn't know it was yours" "I was just checking out this bike" "I'm homeless" (he was about 20 and looked in perfect health) "I'm sorry" So I shoved him hard again out of the garage and into the street. He just kept saying "Sorry" and "I'm homeless" to which I replied in my holiday way "FCK YOU, YOU HOMELESS FCK !!! "

He didn't fight back, he didn't run away, and I think he must have been on drugs or something ! SO finally I say "I'm calling the cops you ****" and pushed him down the street. They he pleaded with me not to call them and ran away....

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

WHAT THE FCK ?!!?

·
Paper or plastic?
10,027 Posts
jhruth said:

Background - My old bike was stolen from my garage about 2 months ago - just replaced it with a Santa Cruz Nomad.....

So last night around 5pm I'm about to pull into my garage so I've just pushed the button and am waiting for the light to change so I can round the corner and pull in. AS I'm making the turn into the garage some ******* trots into my garage and starts trying to steal my bike !!! It's locked down now to a concrete anchor in the garage floor so he's not getting anywhere. I pull in and have my headlights on him and he just KEEPS trying to steal it !! I get out of the car shoved him against the wall and yelled "WHAT THE FCK ARE YOU DOING ??!? The **** that came out of his mouth next was UNBELIEVABLE and in no particular order he said "I didn't know it was yours" "I was just checking out this bike" "I'm homeless" (he was about 20 and looked in perfect health) "I'm sorry" So I shoved him hard again out of the garage and into the street. He just kept saying "Sorry" and "I'm homeless" to which I replied in my holiday way "FCK YOU, YOU HOMELESS FCK !!! "

He didn't fight back, he didn't run away, and I think he must have been on drugs or something ! SO finally I say "I'm calling the cops you ****" and pushed him down the street. They he pleaded with me not to call them and ran away....

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

WHAT THE FCK ?!!?
I think you were too nice...

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Umm, why didn't you call the police or beat the living hell out of him? It's called trespass and attempted robbery.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in SF in the MARINA !!!

Quercus agrifolia said:
to run in to your garage while you were pulling in! :eek:

What's worse, it sounds like he may have been scoping your place out.

Just curious...where do you live? That sounds like some kinda West Oakland krap...
He was just walking by... I saw him walking down the sidewalk before I opened the door.....

·
gimme friction
1,077 Posts
[email protected], that's a pretty ballsy homeless move

to run in to your garage while you were pulling in! :eek:

What's worse, it sounds like he may have been scoping your place out.

Just curious...where do you live? That sounds like some kinda West Oakland krap...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Isnt REEDS haveing their Holiday Gun sale right now ??????

Your way nicer than me , I would have run his ass down with my car then tossed him off the Capitola pier with a new pair of cement Nikes !

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably... BUT

You never know what someone like that is on or has a knife or gun or whatever.... The cops in SF are USELESS..... I called from my cellphone and it connected me to the CHP... SO I just went inside and had a stiff drink

·
Paper or plastic?
10,027 Posts
jhruth said:
You never know what someone like that is on or has a knife or gun or whatever.... The cops in SF are USELESS..... I called from my cellphone and it connected me to the CHP... SO I just went inside and had a stiff drink
FYI, all 911 calls from your cell phone are routed to the CHP, although I like the stiff drink idea. :)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
jhruth said:
Some lady followed me for almost 5 blocks from the freeway to the trail head Saturday
saying something about me hitting my breaks through a corner ?

She kept saying one day I'm going to run into the wrong person ....
My reply "lady take your own advise I am that wrong person "

Anyplace in the BayArea you have 30-45 min before any cop will respond to a 911 call
You make the call , most of the time they wont even show up !

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
jhruth said:
He was just walking by... I saw him walking down the sidewalk before I opened the door.....
He woulnt be the first floater found in the Marina !
Next time your at the sports basement ask the shop guys about what they found when they re-opened the old PX building !
The bike shop is located wear the old butcher shop was , from what I hear it was covered in blood and there was a stack of semi current newspaper on the ground as if to wrap things up for transprt to the pier.

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Its called burglary..

jhruth said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

WHAT THE FCK ?!!?
And i would have held him for the cops and pressed charges....

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love my Nomad but I love me more....

It's all easy to have 20/20 hindsight.... but when faced with some freak in your garage... It kind of becomes a different story..... Glad I didn't get a knife in my gut for Christmas.....

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
John, you should have given him a good dose of 997 bumper and pinned him against the back wall.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pete !! How are you ?? Well - why scratch my #1 toy

to save my #2 toy !!!

For those of you who don't know what a 997 is... Pete is saying I should have rammed him with THIS

Pete said:
John, you should have given him a good dose of 997 bumper and pinned him against the back wall.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
holy **** next time i see that at China Camp, I might steal it! Nice ****ing car, but sorry to hear about that Nomad bs Id be crying if someone jacked mine.

Do you have a shared Garage, with a flat above you or the other apartments in the building?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
jhruth said:
to save my #2 toy !!!

For those of you who don't know what a 997 is... Pete is saying I should have rammed him with THIS

Damm Porsche weenies are everywhere. I wish I was a Porsche weenie. :(

Seriously, the new 997s are sweet. They really did a nice job on them. One of these days a 964 or 993 is going to make its way into my garage.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
He, or someone he knows, will be back!

Glad you did not get hurt in the confrontation.

The real problem is that you now have some scum that knows that there is a very nice bike in your garage. Is your garage door opener scanner proof? Are you using the square link max security type chain on the Nomad? Have you considered getting an alarm system? You are obviously not a poor person and have many other fine things to protect.

I feel, and the stats agree, that keeping a high end bike in the garage is a mistake. Mine stays in my front room. If my bedroom was not right next to my front room it would be in my bedroom. I have an alarm on my home and my detached shed. Both door triggers and motions sensors in both. I keep a few cheaper bikes in the shed, but not my 29er.

Guess that was the last time you will open the garage before you are right in front of it. Once in a while someone does this "open the garage early" thing and an assailant will duck into the garage and hide out until the garage door is closed and the driver gets out to attack.

Sorry if I seem a bit negative about the possible aftermath of this event, but I am the son of a retired prison warden. I learned a LOT about the criminal mind from my father.

Enjoy the Nomad, even with the kiddie wheels, they are pretty cool!

29erchico

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
I'm glad you weren't hurt.

The bike and the car are not worth the potential harm. However, as you are getting some practice, next time call the police anyhow. Program the SFPD number into the cell phone. You need to help get people like this off of the street. There is nothing that a person like that has to say that is meaningful.

·
Uncle
4,274 Posts
Yep, we're paying for prisons, so we might as will fill 'em...

Duct tape him up and leave him out on the curb. You'll have to wait until the SF cops are done fighting with other cops in AZ; takes a little while to get booked, and to get back to SF. They're starving and hung over by then, so it's a short coffee & donuts break next. All said & done, they should be by to get this guy before your morning paper arrives. Leave a note pinned to his shirt, and just be sure you don't mention that he was trying to steal a bike. Bike theft falls just below "harrassing civilians for their bags of fast food" on the SFPD list of priorities. Might be better off dialing the CHP, or the Wonder Twins for that matter.

On the serious side, if you live on hill, then it's highly likely that he followed the yellow brick road all the way to your casa. My friend lives in a really safe place in the middle of Oakland; hears shots at night, the whole works. He's perfectly safe though, because "hoods & crackheads don't walk up hills..." as he puts it. If you're on a hill, he must have been pretty "inspired" to walk up there.

Best bet is to move out of the Marina. Mostly a bunch of douchebags out there anyway... Marin bekons, doesn't it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts