Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What:
Mtbr party hosted by Mtbr Strava Team. This is the celebration for our February victory and we will have our $100 beer keg prize.

All Norcal Forum users are welcome. If you are reading this, you should attend and meet your virtual friends. We'll invite friends and family as well and the Strava employees.

When:
Sunday, May 1
9am ride
12 pm party

Where:
Stevens Canyon reservoir picnic area. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.29...294472,-122.081838&spn=0.021065,0.037808&z=15
This is a big picnic area by the reservoir and it is on Stevens Canyon Road in Cupertino

Beer:
We have $100 prize check and we will buy a keg. Please bring your favorite beer to share.

Food:
Potluck so please bring food to share

Rides:
9 am. Up Montebello Road to Stevens Canyon Trail and back. 2500 foot ascent
option rides - TBD

Party:
If you just want to show up for the party, come at noon.

Parking and Safety.
Parking is limited but you can park all along Stevens Canyon Road where there is room. Carpool and bring a designated driver.

Please post photos of the area.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need someone to buy the keg and bring it to the event and return it. I'll give you cash money at the picnic.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
I’ll be there with my wife and kids. No bike riding for me unfortunately. :( I will be bringing some sort of food oriented thing though, home made wholesome goodness. Since I will have a designated ride back, I can get belligerent off the keg if need be.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I just might make it but would like to throw a wrench into the mix. Do we really need a keg? Whose gonna want to party that hard knowing we will all likely be driving home and many won't be there to reap the benefits of a job well done.

I propose we all bring what we want (food for pot luck/beer or other if you want to drink) and have a raffle/drawing for the $100. Top prize $50, Second prize $30, Third prize $20, Fourth Prize MTB Tee (mine got losted). Everyone on the team has a chance to win (although I think you had to do at least 10k footies to be eligible).

Sorry if this is lame but might be more fun and less hassle.

·
pro leisure tour
773 Posts
Thumbs down

squashyo said:
I propose we all bring what we want (food for pot luck/beer or other if you want to drink) and have a raffle/drawing for the $100. Top prize $50, Second prize $30, Third prize $20, Fourth Prize MTB Tee (mine got losted). Everyone on the team has a chance to win (although I think you had to do at least 10k footies to be eligible).

Sorry if this is lame but might be more fun and less hassle.
When there is a keg, everyone wins that can make it. A raffle only produces a few winners.
I'd rather have a keg with some friends than a fifty in my pocket anyway.

My two cents

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
squashyo said:
I just might make it but would like to throw a wrench.......

That's a fail right there. You can't waffle about attending and try and shake things up at the same time. Roooookie!

fc

·
Registered
609 Posts
squashyo said:
I just might make it but would like to throw a wrench into the mix. Do we really need a keg? Whose gonna want to party that hard knowing we will all likely be driving home and many won't be there to reap the benefits of a job well done.
You're clearly missing the point. Francis gets to take the leftover beer home.

·
pro leisure tour
773 Posts
maleonardphi said:
You're clearly missing the point. Francis gets to take the leftover beer home.
And just how much do you really think there will be left over? Hint: it's a negative number!:D

·
Mtbr Founder
34,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We need a roll call!

Who's coming? What are you bringing?

fc

·
Registered
315 Posts
francois said:
What are you bringing?
I'll bring a side dish to share, a chauffeur, a jewel encrusted goblet and my birthday suit in case I get the urge to change. :D

Who's going to be super classy and bring the beer bong?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts