Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you'd like to know that I will be attending IMBA's 24 Hours of Washington, D.C. event April 6-7, 2005, representing MTBR and California mountain biking issues. The goal is simple: Raise awareness of access and recreation issues and convince congress that mountain biking deserves their support. IMBA staff will be preparing our group on Wednesday night with talking points, handouts and lobbying advice. The next morning, we'll hit the halls of Congress and lobby our elected representatives about key legislation and how it impacts mountain biking. I will be attending meetings with US Representatives Mike Thompson, Anna Eshoo, Lynn Woolsey, Barbara Lee and Zoe Lofgren (CA) and US Senators Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein (CA). This is my opportunity to give back to the world of mountain biking and to represent a half-million MTBR users concerning trail access and recreation issues. If you would like me to address a specific issue, reply to my thread in Save the Trails (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=91081) and I will do my best. I will provide a summary of what we accomplish.

- [email protected]

· 34N 118W
2,240 Posts
braaaap!

paul said:
I thought you'd like to know that I will be attending IMBA's 24 Hours of Washington, D.C. event April 6-7, 2005, representing MTBR and California mountain biking issues.
I'd like to see some photos of wheelies down marble halls or power slides in the dirt at the Mall. Or maybe drops off a monument. Something krazy kewl brah! Reprezent!

;)
HW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.