1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gregg, Francis, Photo-John, Raymond...

Here's the intinerary:
Travel Itinerary:

Sun May 1 -- drive from SJ to Hurricane, UT (10 - 12 hours, 650 miles)

Mon May 2 -- ride Gooseberry Mesa and anything else we can find

Tue May 3 -- travel from Hurricane to Moab (5 - 6 hours, 340 miles), sneak in short ride before sundown

Wed May 4 -- ride Porcupine Rim Trail

Thu May 5 -- travel from Moab to Fruita, CO (2 hours, 113 miles), ride Fruita, FFTF

Fri May 6 -- ride Fruita, FFTF

Sat May 7 -- Fruita Clunker Crit, begin drive home

Sun May 8 -- arrive home totally exhausted but with lots of good stories

Let me know where you're going to meet us and show us the local trails and we'll exchange swag for beer!!

Gregg is tentative. He's got a honey-do list a mile long and we gotta help him first with some errands to home depot, bed bath&beyond, linens&things... ha, ha!

We will be in a gas-chamber van and it's all beans and burritos diet!!

PLEASE give feeback on this itinerary. It is revision 1.0

francois

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Don't sell yourself short on May 4th. You could easily ride Amasa, or Gold Bar, Bartlett's or Slickrock after Porcupine Rim :)

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
Not Yet. I am sure its coming though.

J.D. said:
Be sure to visit world famous OVER THE EDGE SPORTS and purchase an EDGE CYCLE while there. Sorry, there is no stuporgo in the Grand Valley...
Not yet....I don't think we have enough bike shops in GJ yet.

TJ

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
minor change

francois said:
Wed May 4 -- ride Porcupine Rim Trail

Thu May 5 -- travel from Moab to Fruita, CO (2 hours, 113 miles), ride Fruita, FFTF
If it were me I would head to Fruita after Porcupine rim.One and a half hour drive at the most(90 miles from bottom of Porc.)
Over The Edge Sports is having a tenth anniversery party at the shop Wed.evening.It should be some good MTBR fodder.
Live Band and New Belgium beer.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
we'll be on the opposite interary. Fruita early in the week, and Moab later in the week. With plans to ride Procupine Rim the same day as you. =) but we'll probibly be a whole lot slower than your hammer head group.

PJ should know this already, but he's been too good to reply to emails. =)

See you at the Otter.

·
Banned
824 Posts
new belgium

KgB said:
If it were me I would head to Fruita after Porcupine rim.One and a half hour drive at the most(90 miles from bottom of Porc.)
Over The Edge Sports is having a tenth anniversery party at the shop Wed.evening.It should be some good MTBR fodder.
Live Band and New Belgium beer.
I wish they had adequate beer stores behind the Orange Curtain because I sure do miss New Belgium. I guess Stone will have to do until I drop in on the Fruitian Freak-Zone in May...

·
Banned
824 Posts
stuporgo

TJ. said:
Not yet....I don't think we have enough bike shops in GJ yet.

TJ
A place like stuporgo would never be successful in the GV because most of the bike shops there are good and have a pretty loyal customer base. Large chain stores can only compete where there is mass population and few good bike shops, which is why there is no stuporgo Moab etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.