1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not ridden any of the trails listed. I live just south of the border and was able to ride up in Canada five times this year. All I can say is that wherever I am riding in BC or Alberta, I am happy, Hit Squamish, Nelson, Rossland and Kimberley this year and had an amazing time. I think that Squamish actually ruined me for riding anywhere else, the slabs were so fun. Of course, living in the PNW is amazing in itself. Retire next year and can't wait to get back up there.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,312 Posts
That's a super obscure list IMHO.

Damn - they missed all of Whsitler, Squamish and Pemberton. And Cumberland. And as others have said, Revy. And Golden. And Fernie.

Cray.

As for Calgary, I like the trail networks at West Bragg, Moose, and Canmore. That said, Prairiview/Razors is sweet too. I feel very fortunate to live where I do. Revy, Golden and Fernie, along with Banff, Canmore, West Bragg and Moose, among others, are all within striking distance.

IMG_3153.jpg

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,550 Posts
thoughts? Comments
It's "sponsored content". They paid to advertise here. The list has nothing to do with the "best" places to ride.

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
Yeaaaaaah, those aren't even the best hotels to stay at in relation to the trail networks described. Someone really had to work at putting that pitch together and selling it to those hotels. They could have at least pursued the ski hills that have summer trail networks if they were going to chase sponsored content.

It is funny that the comments seem to be full of people spamming with "get rich working from home" posts.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
The Inks lake trails in Kamloops don't even exist. Well actually they exist, and from all reports are really good if you are into motor bikes.

There are two great trail net-works on either side of it though. The Pineview network to the east is signed and mapped. It is really good, but one of BC best trails? Even as a local I would call that a stretch. Now the Greenstone network on the other hand, if you can find it you will find some of BC best downhills.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's "sponsored content". They paid to advertise here. The list has nothing to do with the "best" places to ride.
Aaahhh - I missed seeing that as I was going thru the article

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah, looks like "hotel" sponsered article.

I work in Campbell River, and the Pumphouse trail is less than ten minutes away. Ride it all the time, and it's lots of fun, but definitly not a top destination trail.

The Comfort Inn is new though and looks like a nice place to stay. Definitly avoid the Austrian Inn in Campbell River if visiting, total dump!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts