Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of members of last year's MTBR team have joined the Briones Team, so there will likely be a few spots to fill. Reply if you're interested, and the selection committee will review your qualifications. 8^)

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
693 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
A couple of members of last year's MTBR team have joined the Briones Team, so there will likely be a few spots to fill. Reply if you're interested, and the selection committee will review your qualifications. 8^)
I have no qualifications other than I own a bike. Well more than one. My foot is still swollen, but I would be interested if I recover soon.
Dan C.

·
Registered
737 Posts
100% Qulifications

Captain Kana said:
I have no qualifications other than I own a bike. Well more than one. My foot is still swollen, but I would be interested if I recover soon.
Dan C.
A fine gentleman and a true SSer. I nominate the Captain for this team. He more then qualifies for such a race. If you don't you will be defiantly KiSSing his aSS .

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh

Selection committee approval. You're in if you can ride (or drink).

Joseph-da-trog said:
A fine gentleman and a true SSer. I nominate the Captain for this team. He more then qualifies for such a race. If you don't you will be defiantly KiSSing his aSS .

·
693 Posts
Joseph-da-trog said:
Joseph, such kind words. I guess this means I bring the beer. Arrogant BaSStard it is.
Dan C.
:D

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
I sure would like to try that sometime. My biggest issue would be trying to stay awake past 10pm :D

Someday.......

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
That may not be necessary. You in?
Where can I get information on the races? Is this for a particular race or a full race season? Who eose is on the team?

Ok...I've been poking around here. I'm now assuming that it's for the the race at Laguna Seca. Please confirm. I'll go to the 24hoursof adrenaline site to get more info.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Some day??

Blue Shorts said:
Where can I get information on the races? Is this for a particular race or a full race season? Who eose is on the team?

Ok...I've been poking around here. I'm now assuming that it's for the the race at Laguna Seca. Please confirm. I'll go to the 24hoursof adrenaline site to get more info.
Today is your day my friend. Come aboard and have some fun with your Norcal people.

Do not analyze this invitation. Just do it! This is for this race only with NO! charge to you.

Bring your bikeS or your favorite discipline to ride the 11 mile or so course.(Uni,SS,CX,Grs) any or all.

Bring food, drinks, your fav snakes, multipliable changes of cycling clothes. Make sure you bring warm clothes for between laps. Windy and and Cold will happen. A tent our your vehicle to sleep in.

Bring your bike night light set up if you have one. ( if you can not stay awake we can rotate you in so you will be ready to go).

With a 10-man team the most your looking at is 3 laps and the least 1. ( not consecutively)

Stand and be counted. It is time.

·
Registered
737 Posts
3am

Captain Kana said:
I didn't know we had to stay up that late. I have trouble with 8:30pm. I get up at 4:30am. Oh well.
Dan C. ;)
I am not a real big fan of Night riding. But my 3 am night session on the course was a lot of fun last year.

·
693 Posts
Joseph-da-trog said:
I am not a real big fan of Night riding. But my 3 am night session on the course was a lot of fun last year.
I'm going to have to buy lights tomorrow and start doing a few night rides in Nisene. I did 20+ miles on the SS today with no foot problems. I'd post a picture of the foot, but I didn't get a pedicure. I was informed there is a friends wedding that day, but they'll get married if I'm there or not. I'm in.
Dan C.
:D

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Joseph-da-trog said:
Today is your day my friend. Come aboard and have some fun with your Norcal people.

Do not analyze this invitation. Just do it! This is for this race only with NO! charge to you.

Bring your bikeS or your favorite discipline to ride the 11 mile or so course.(Uni,SS,CX,Grs) any or all.

Bring food, drinks, your fav snakes, multipliable changes of cycling clothes. Make sure you bring warm clothes for between laps. Windy and and Cold will happen. A tent our your vehicle to sleep in.

Bring your bike night light set up if you have one. ( if you can not stay awake we can rotate you in so you will be ready to go).

With a 10-man team the most your looking at is 3 laps and the least 1. ( not consecutively)

Stand and be counted. It is time.
Joe,

If I'm in, you can count on me. I have 2 issues:

Conditioning. I wouldn't want to let the team down. I don't know if I'm fast enough. You have some good riders from what I hear.

The other issue is lights. Mine are dead. I may be able to get a new battery...If not, will there be lights available at the race?

I can deal with staying awake. It won't be an issue

I have 2 bikes...Fuel w/Marathon S..should be perfect for Ord. It's not technical at all. 5 Spot...probably too heavy w Z1FR and Romic, but maybe I'll bring it as a backup. I have everything else that I need...including a vehicle to sleep in.

Let me know. I'm not very fast, but I don't give up, either.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,904 Posts
Still Room?

Fast Eddy said:
If there is still room and if as Joseph said it is free to me then I would love to join the MTBR team (if there is still space). My wife would also like to ride but she is a bit slower than I am and might not make more than 1 lap.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Joseph I am

Blue Shorts said:
Joe,

If I'm in, you can count on me. I have 2 issues:

Conditioning. I wouldn't want to let the team down. I don't know if I'm fast enough. You have some good riders from what I hear.

The other issue is lights. Mine are dead. I may be able to get a new battery...If not, will there be lights available at the race?

I can deal with staying awake. It won't be an issue

I have 2 bikes...Fuel w/Marathon S..should be perfect for Ord. It's not technical at all. 5 Spot...probably too heavy w Z1FR and Romic, but maybe I'll bring it as a backup. I have everything else that I need...including a vehicle to sleep in.

Joe has been taken.

Conditioning= put youself into a differnt condidtion and challenge youself to get out of it.

Lights= I am not sure if a vendor was saleing any or not? We may be able to share a one set. But it would be way better to have it on you bike and ready to go for the night ride if it happens.

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My HID is good for 3 or 4 laps without charging. You don't have to guy lights unless you want to. If you're going to do it, look for the big HID thread on the good deals board and buy one of those. $175 buys you an HID with a LiIon battery and a charger.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.